Lao Thai TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirectDishNet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Davenport Iowa
I got a customer that wants Thai and Lao TV. The equipment is a KU dish to one Viewsat Ultra. Put the birdog on and tuned in the dish to 97 West. All installation is fine.

My question is, When we scanned the channels only 2 or 3 came in....... Do I need a 97W software? if so, Where do I get it and what is the current software for 97W?

I have looked and looked for this but all I can find is dish hack software and thats not my cup of pirate juice.

what channels do you get? Are you positive you're on 97W?

check out thelist to see what transponder info is

Hey Iceburg,
Yes I am positive, I downloaded 97W wich is now galaxy 25 to my birdog. Tweaked the LNB +20 -20. Most transponders are at 60% strength lowest one being at 52%. It is right on the money. I did get a few channels like Al Jazeera and some more Arabic channels. I did a blind scan and transponder scan. Did factory reset and flash. It is a viewsat ultra with factory software. It use to have dn software but I removed it by doing a flash.
Do you think I need a Galaxy 25 software?
Thanks

If it has VS factory software it will pick up everything on G25, or any other fta sat channel. There isn't any G25 'software' that I know of , since most of it is unscrambled anyway.

If it has VS factory software it will pick up everything on G25, or any other fta sat channel. There isn't any G25 'software' that I know of , since most of it is unscrambled anyway.
Thats what I thought, Well, I am going back tomorrow and see if there is anything else I could do.
I'm going to bring a fortec star and a pansat with me just to see if I can get the channels with my receivers. I will also replace the LNB with a new one.
Thanks for the help guys, I will update this post tomorrow PM.

DDnet you may find it too weak, but give it a go. What matters is how strong the transponders are that have the channels the customer wants. I haven't tried anything smaller than a .90M primestar on G10 , which worked just fine.

IA6 is kinda touchy as if the dish is aimed too far west, it may get a few channels but not the rest.

Best to punch in the transponder info and aim just based on that TP.

Bring a 30-36" (76-90 cm) or you will not get many channels on 97W.
A 24" dish is too small for reliable reception on all linear Ku sats. Well you could get the aniks sats with that (in most of us or can) but for most linear sats you will need at least 30".

Last edited:
Bring a 30-36" (76-90 cm) or you will not get many channels on 97W.
A 24" dish is too small for reliable reception on all linear Ku sats. Well you could get the aniks sats with that (in most of us or can) but for most linear sats you will need at least 30".

I agree with SatPhreak 60 cm dish is: 60 / 2.54 = 24 inch Dish, (since there is 2.54 cm per inch). That's a pretty small Dish to be trying to pick up all the KU Band Tps on Galaxy 25 / 97.0W.

Believe, I tried with a 24" ExpressVu dish and the old linear lnbf that came with it, but could only get a few transponders on any sats except *choice. If you want to play, go for it. If you want your customer to get a good signal go with a larger dish. I now have a 31" dish and it is still not optimal, get a 33-36" dish for best reception.

whew....now that we got that straightened out :)

Is the LNB skewed properly? I assume you're near Phoenix and the skew for Phoenix is -21 for IA5. So the LNB needs to be skewed for optimum signal

I like the skew angle... no pun intended.... :rolleyes:

Or maybe . . . has the dish been damaged in shipment?
Didn't sound like it was doing the job so well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)