Status
Please reply by conversation.

va2ir

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2009
Eastern Canada
Hi guys,

I have some good success with my 90CM (36 inch) dish receiving RTN on AMC9. TOday we had heavy rain, and it faded out, but so did my Expressvu dish. After the rain stopped, the RTN came back. It wavers between 25 and 30 on the quality meter on my Viewsat Extreme.

I was wondering if going to a bigger dish will have a major effect on signal strength. If it would pick it up say to 45-50 for RTN, I would go for it. If it only would put it up to the mid 30's, I'll stay with my 36 inch.

Another question, is it a major deal to motorize the 36 inch dish? Do the motors do both azimuth and elevation? I figure if AMC9 goes dark due to rain, etc, I can swing over to Galaxy 18 and see whats doing there.

Thanks for any help

Ian R.

A motor drives the dish along Clarke Belt where TV sats are located, in that sense it does it all: azimuth, elevation and skew. It will do wonders for you if coupled with Invacom LNB. You may try to stay with your dish size for now, as RTN signal is weak compare to others.

You will pick up RTN much better on a 1.2 meter dish - shipping can be expensive.
Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)