Last and Next 3D Movie

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Great idea. Since we have to buy, user opinions are going to be paramount on 3D discs, especially for the 3D image, not as much the movie. Movie quality matters, but if the 3D effect is not there, might as well Netflix it.

Shrek Forever After was a DIRECTV ppv... good effects, good movie, only saw pixalation once, good first complete 3D presentation for me imho... now I want the disc ;)

WOW, nice to hear the Directv 3D cinema is nice too. I just added it, as well as the other 3 3D channels to my guide today. Lemme know on RE, may be what I order early next week for my Dad to watch as his first home 3D action flick.

Having problems with D* on demand. USed to work running through the receiver. I had previously ordered Journey to the Center of the Earth, and Nascar. Worked fine. Now it says my TV doesn't support 1080p/24 :rolleyes:. I refuse to run it directly to my TV (not happening with my projector either. They need to get their act together. One day it works, next it doesn't.

S~

Same message using the Pioneer to the Pnasonic and the Marantz to the JVC. Used to work through the Pioneer. HAs to be something on the D* end. I know they want you to run directly to the TV, but I refuse.

S~

watched the 3d movies in this order. cats vs dogs 2 with my 5 year old. then resident evil-afterlife( awesome) then alice in wonderland(good 3d) and i just bought piranha 3d. witch i am going to watch tonight.
has anyone watched my bloody valentin on blu ray 3d? - not the one that comes with crappy glasses. i saw this on amazon and am considering it.

Last: Step Up 3D and RE Afterlife 3D

Enjoyed both, and watched them back to back to see how my eyes would do. What Im finding, is after the first 15 mins or so, I dont even realize I have the glasses on, and any weird issues my eyes were having has stopped. Pretty cool.

Next: Monster House 3D

My Bloody Valantine has very good 3D effects and would recomend getting this film.

Nothing new here on 3D BD so I was in need of a 3D fix and resorted to VUDU 3D. Bought Midway documentary. I will probably watch it a couple times again and then may try to visit the museum in San Diego some day. Nice informative but some of the scenes were washed out. Some were very good contrast and good 3D.

I ordered some new 3D BD titles yesterday- IMAX 3D Deep Sea, The Ultimate Wave: Tahiti, and Coraline. Wife and I always liked Coraline movie and have the anaglyph version. Looking forward to this version.

Had a chance to try out rented copy of COD Black Ops this past week and it auto detected 3D and went into that mode without me having to select anything. I'm not a fan of combat games but the 3D aspect was interesting but doesn't seem to add anything special to the experience like does the race car games. I'll defer to the combat gamer experts but that's just how I see it. Also downloaded the KillZone 3D demo this week. Same opinion as with COD BO. If you're into 3D and combat games, however, it would be worthwhile downloading the demo.

I started a thread to determine my minimum cost to have the D* 3D line up here. It was $42 for the first year and $70 for the second year. With the taxes here it is a total of $1500. That buys a lot of VUDU 3D as well as other 3D like 3DBD over the next 2 years. I decided to pass for now. The math still doesn't work for me. If I didn't have Dish then it would make sense. Besides, I suspect Dish will have it's compliment of 3D soon for my VIP722K. 3D content is exploding this year.