Last Movie Streamed

Indeed, the fine print reads: *Due to streaming rights, a small amount of programming will still contain ads (Peacock channels, events and a few shows and movies). Get Peacock Premium

What's weird is that the four ad spots I saw during John Wick were all 15-second promos for other content on Peacock. So Peacock is signing licensing deals that requires them to run their own ads during the content, or are they paying for these spots, or are they exploiting a loophole in the agreement (running ads as agreed, but running their own ads)?

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Indeed, the fine print reads: *Due to streaming rights, a small amount of programming will still contain ads (Peacock channels, events and a few shows and movies). Get Peacock Premium

What's weird is that the four ad spots I saw during John Wick were all 15-second promos for other content on Peacock. So Peacock is signing licensing deals that requires them to run their own ads during the content, or are they paying for these spots, or are they exploiting a loophole in the agreement (running ads as agreed, but running their own ads)?
Yes but it's better than Peloton!

Zach Snyder's Justice League on HBO Max

Odd feature: The movie was in DolbyVision but the screen format was 4:3.

I must have slept through much of the original as I remember a lot of the cut scenes but the movie itself seemed not entirely familiar.

Reactions: Foxbat
Zach Snyder's Justice League on HBO Max

Odd feature: The movie was in DolbyVision but the screen format was 4:3.

I must have slept through much of the original as I remember a lot of the cut scenes but the movie itself seemed not entirely familiar.
Again, it was 4:3 because Snyder wanted the IMAX experience. It's all over the web.

Reactions: Zookster
Again, it was 4:3 because Snyder wanted the IMAX experience. It's all over the web.
I don't spend a lot of time scouring the web to find information about movies that I'm going to watch. Gathering lots of opinions may color mine and that's not fair to me or the movie.

I don't spend a lot of time scouring the web to find information about movies that I'm going to watch. Gathering lots of opinions may color mine and that's not fair to me or the movie.
Seeing that it was all over the web, one would not have to scour it to find it. But, I gave the explanation. It's what Snyder wanted. If someone doesn't like it then they shouldn't watch it. It's really that simple.

HBO Max billed the movie as being 4K. Mine isn't an indictment of the movie itself but the way HBO Max presented it. Delivering IMAX content via streaming has a vanishingly small audience.

While the video quality was good, some of the CGI left room for improvement. The dynamics of the splashing water was off quite a bit and Kong's size may have changed from scene to scene.

I was thinking how robust Hong Kong’s electric grid was!

It gave my subwoofer a good workout, though. The sound was far better than I remembered our Cinemark theater had.