Last of the BUDS in my area now gone

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
there is a 12' paraclipse on top of an old hardware store here in town. looks like it is in good shape. it looks super heavy built like a tank.

there is a 12' paraclipse on top of an old hardware store here in town. looks like it is in good shape. it looks super heavy built like a tank.
If you've got the room for it, go get it. Is it a polar or H to H?
I had planned to lower the polar mounted Paraclipse I retrieved with 2 ropes tied in loops to the frame top & bottom near to the mount. 2 or 3 people on the roof & 1 below to guide it down. Would've lowered first the dish then the polar mount in this case.
The property owner's concern over liability insurance caused me to hire a crane operator for $200, but it only took 30 minutes to pick & set the dish in the back of my pickup. And I didn't worry the owner because crane operators are insured for liability.

If you've got the room for it, go get it. Is it a polar or H to H?
I had planned to lower the polar mounted Paraclipse I retrieved with 2 ropes tied in loops to the frame top & bottom near to the mount. 2 or 3 people on the roof & 1 below to guide it down. Would've lowered first the dish then the polar mount in this case.
The property owner's concern over liability insurance caused me to hire a crane operator for $200, but it only took 30 minutes to pick & set the dish in the back of my pickup. And I didn't worry the owner because crane operators are insured for liability.

Paying $200 for a crane may seem like over kill to some folks just to get a dish, but having "lost" one by having it fly off the back of a truck because it was not tied down properly - I quickly learned a valuable lesson. A few months later I found a 9.5 foot Solid (Dirt cheap at $50 dollars) I was not about to let it fly off the truck, so I rented a U-Haul moving van for $160 to bring it home.. Money well spent.

On the way home tonight, I saw what looks like to be about 10 footer facing the ground as though in shame.

toucan-man;2647852 KTIs are not buttonhook.[/QUOTE said:
I have a 10 footer that will disagree with you. It is in my "attic" storage. It has a label on it "Nova by KTI", and it is definitely a buttonhook. Picked it up in N. Illinois earlier this year.

I have a 10 footer that will disagree with you. It is in my "attic" storage. It has a label on it "Nova by KTI", and it is definitely a buttonhook. Picked it up in N. Illinois earlier this year.
Wow, cool. Thanks for the correction.

my bil has a ten foot channel master laying face down with all the parts. another friend has a mesh ten' on the post. looked into it and it was better to order the 6' from sadoun over trying to take these apart and set them up. got it up an going last week. still waiting for a new actuator. the old one has a reostat instead of a reed switch. oh well... charlie

Spares ? Us.

If one day you need a spare, but didn't set aside any spares, you're going to be one sad man.

The Spare Outage Calculator says for your location and age you need about 3.

Spares ? Us.

If one day you need a spare, but didn't set aside any spares, you're going to be one sad man.

The Spare Outage Calculator says for your location and age you need about 3.

19 years with my 71/2 foot. Still in excellent shape. I still have the original LNB but have gone through 2 arms & on my third. The second arm was an off brand piece of crap with plastic gears.

So you're telling me that by using the Spare Outage Calculator, I will be of sound body & mind when I'm at least 110 years old? ( because my dish is still going strong after 19 years )

So Kool!! That means I might make it to retirement after all.

I am about to revive my paraclipse dish. I'm getting tired of Dish Network slowly creeping up their price, and stripping channels away! Haven't decided weather to set it up as a G5 stationary or movable. I'm a techy, so I might trick it out with c-ku quad lnbf and move it through the arc! Any suggestions on decent recievers reletively cheap?

I am about to revive my paraclipse dish. I'm getting tired of Dish Network slowly creeping up their price, and stripping channels away! Haven't decided weather to set it up as a G5 stationary or movable. I'm a techy, so I might trick it out with c-ku quad lnbf and move it through the arc! Any suggestions on decent recievers reletively cheap?
:welcometo SatelliteGuys. Might want to have this made into a new thread.

SatelliteAV aka Glorystar is coming out with a new one shortly. Tiny and cool. I am waiting to see it. I have some money set aside for it.

It maters most what you want to watch.

NEVER STATIONARY on a BUD. I'm looking to find a free 7 1/2 for my backyard. Not really room for a 10 ft.

Thanks to this forum on BUDS an enthusiast from NW OH came last Saturday and picked up my KTI dish, a smaller FTA dish I had, and all the receivers manuals, pole, etc. I got my use out of it all and am glad to give my stuff a new home! Yard looks a little strange. Been 25 years from a 10 ft. to the smaller KTI that a BUD wasn't in my yard.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts