Last Question :-) LNB upgrade?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
I am sorry for so many questions! This should be the last. I see I can upgrade the standard LNBF to a Standard Single KUL1 LNBF for $0 cost. Should I does this? I have no idea what the difference is. Thanks again!

Larry :)

The base LNB they give you is a Universal.....The "upgrade" is a standard LNB. The standard is easier to work with in my opinion

Got it! Thanks! I will do the standard LNBF - and I just found your review on it :) No...motor or no motor..... hmmm. Must decide as I need to order so I can have it to set up Friday - have the day off :)

Thanks!

Larry :)

The reason I say a Standard work better is because a Universal has a low and high band. The only thing here in the US that we need a Universal for is Cubavision on Pas9 (58W). Universals are the standard in Europe, where FTA is HUGE!!

A standard has just the high band which the KU satellites are here (between 11.7 and 12.2 MHZ) and they’re easier to work with

You can force the universal into standard mode and have the best of both worlds. Simply put the US sats as Standard mode, L.O. of 10600 with 22khz set to ON. Then when you go to the other sats you put it as universal. Best of both worlds!

Only PAS9 needs the Universal setting

The issue I have with Universals is when I try to nudge, the LNB resets the signal. ie: signal goes from 75 to 0 for a second, then back to 75

Standards dont do that

There is no REAL point these days to a universal LNBF now that Cubavision is available from another satellite in this country, just my opinion :)

PSB said:
There is no REAL point these days to a universal LNBF now that Cubavision is available from another satellite in this country, just my opinion :)

unless you live west of say Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri,etc :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)