Last Week with Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

garn9173

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 11, 2004
Ankeny, IA
Last Week with Dish Network (not by choice)

This time next week, i'll no longer be a Dish Network customer, but a customer of Mediacom. See I live in a townhome, the front faces the south, the back to the north. Where the dish is currently installed, there is no place to ground the system and the association won't allow satellite's on the roof as in the eyes of the FCC, the roof is a "commons area", the story is too long and too complicated to explain why my wife and I are at the point we are at.

I equally blame the Association and BlueSky Satellite, the subcontractor who did the installation. The Association is to blame because they should've sent a tech junkie to do a site inspection to ensure that a ground can be found as the dish was installed where the Association told us and I blame BlueSky because even though BlueSky knew at time of installation in Oct 2002 that the system couldn't be grounded, they went ahead with it the install anyway, without detaling it in wrtiting on the work order, which my wife and I kept, thank God.

Really about the only thing my wife and I will miss about E*'s programming is Boomerang and Sirius, other than that, Mediacom offer's more premium movie channels and I can upgrade to a DVR for nothing.

Guess now, i'll go to a lurking status, just to keep up on what's happening with Dish Network. I've enjoyed reading the messages of the experts and I want to stress that my wife and I are leaving satellite TV bascially because we don't have a choice.

Sorry to hear that you don't really have a choice. But glad to hear that you have a choice (huh? Glad that you have a comparable cable service). There are enough people here that don't actually subscribe to E*, but are still welcome, so stay if you like!

just thought I would chime in on the picture quality between E* & cable. The difference is night and day, espcially the analog channels. Some of the analog channels are so bad with regard to PQ, there's almost snow on them. It's just not doing that on 1 tv, we have 3 tv's and all three are like that. Digital cable is just that. I really haven't seen any difference in PQ between digital cable and E*. Overall, E* far and away blows cable out of the water with regard to PQ.

I'm seriously going through Sirius withdrawls. Mediacom offers MusicChoice for it's digital audio channels and there just isn't any comparison between the 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)