Lastest... umm... "Bull Product" from TWC

nateman99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 15, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Hey folks,

I just thought I'd post this. I'm not holding my breath or anything, but for what it's worth... this is what I sent and what I got back from TWC today (my message is on top, of course):

==============================================================================​

Inquiry:How much longer do we have to wait to add an HD channel? The last channel to add was Universal HD in SEPTEMBER of 2005. What is going on over there?!? What about adding any one of the following:
* Food Network HD
* National Geographic HD
* HGTV HD
* The Movie Channel HD (I already pay for the SD version)
* Starz HD (I'd consider adding Starz, but not without the HD version)
* Cinemax HD (again, I won't consider adding without the HD)
* OLN HD
* MTV HD

There is a ton of great programming out there and I'm paying $7/mo for 6 channels of HD programming (I hate ESPN, and INHDs and HDNets rarely have anything of quality). If it were not for Universal HD I'd drop the HD Suite.

I'm one of hundreds of customers with HDTVs starving for HD content. I'd switch to Dish Network (the leader in HD) when they can carry the locals in HD. DirecTV is also making BIG investments in HD. How much longer do I have to wait for TWC to get with the program?
Submitted: by XXXXXXXXX
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Response:Thank you for contacting us. We are in current negotiations with several HD channels at this time including ESPN2 HD and STARZ/Cinemax HD. Once more information is available regarding carriage of these channels we will make a public announcement.

Please let us know if we can be of any additional assistance.

Thank you for using Time Warner Cable.
Michael
Time Warner Cable Support
Raleigh, NC
919-595-4892
1-866-489-2669

================================================================================​

Looks like a form response if I've ever seen one. :eek:

NateMan99

Response:Thank you for contacting us. We are in current negotiations with several HD channels at this time including ESPN2 HD and STARZ/Cinemax HD.

Funny that hbo is owned by Time Warner and Cinemax is HBOs sister channel. lol

I want to see how big of an exodus from TWC we will see when Dish finally turns on the HD local in the Raleigh area. Then they might get serious about new channels.

Why not get locals OTA? I had enough of TWC so called "negotiations" theyve been saying this for over a year or more. I went Dish HD Platinum, never been happier with my tv experience.

Aaron

Hey folks,

I just thought I'd post this. I'm not holding my breath or anything, but for what it's worth... this is what I sent and what I got back from TWC today (my message is on top, of course):

==============================================================================​

Inquiry:How much longer do we have to wait to add an HD channel? The last channel to add was Universal HD in SEPTEMBER of 2005. What is going on over there?!? What about adding any one of the following:
* Food Network HD
* National Geographic HD
* HGTV HD
* The Movie Channel HD (I already pay for the SD version)
* Starz HD (I'd consider adding Starz, but not without the HD version)
* Cinemax HD (again, I won't consider adding without the HD)
* OLN HD
* MTV HD

There is a ton of great programming out there and I'm paying $7/mo for 6 channels of HD programming (I hate ESPN, and INHDs and HDNets rarely have anything of quality). If it were not for Universal HD I'd drop the HD Suite.

I'm one of hundreds of customers with HDTVs starving for HD content. I'd switch to Dish Network (the leader in HD) when they can carry the locals in HD. DirecTV is also making BIG investments in HD. How much longer do I have to wait for TWC to get with the program?
Submitted: by XXXXXXXXX
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Response:Thank you for contacting us. We are in current negotiations with several HD channels at this time including ESPN2 HD and STARZ/Cinemax HD. Once more information is available regarding carriage of these channels we will make a public announcement.

Please let us know if we can be of any additional assistance.

Thank you for using Time Warner Cable.
Michael
Time Warner Cable Support
Raleigh, NC
919-595-4892
1-866-489-2669

================================================================================​

Looks like a form response if I've ever seen one. :eek:

NateMan99

IT'S TOP SECRET

Got An Email Back From T/w Ceo Today.he Know Less Then The Customer Service People, Don't Know Why He Is Paid More

Ack. Nearly everything I watch is on CBS... including the local news in HD. I'm not sure what the disconnect is between Capital Broadcasting and Dish Network, but they need to get their crap together. I am trying out Clearwire in my home now as the first step in firing Time Warner Cable. It might not save me any money, but I don't have to give them any extra money, either.

I am trying out Clearwire in my home now as the first step in firing Time Warner Cable. It might not save me any money, but I don't have to give them any extra money, either.

Please start a thread on your results, I am very interested in Clearwire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts