Latest e-mail to Dressler

toadfannc

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
Hi, Mr. Dressler. Rather than believe the message boards, I prefer to get accurate
information from the parties involved, so I'll ask you. Are there any HD (or SD)
additions imminent for TWC? Specifically:

ESPN2HD
National Geographic HD
NFL Network HD

ESPNU
NFL Network

Here's Dressler's latest response. Same ol, same ol.

espn2 hd and nat geo hd are both on the near horizon,though no specific date can be given. the others are more problematic at the moment.

Bombshell from Corporate

My Email:
Can you tell me when TW will have HD versions of Cinemax, The Movie Channel & Starz?
I know Cablevision carries all of the premiums in HD for their customers. I myself have been waiting patiently for well over a year and have been wasting money in the hopes that I would get these channels.The only premiums that I watch is HBO & Showtime and that's only because they have an HD version for me. I looks like I will be canceling my subscripstions to some premium channels that I can't bare to watch in SD.

Dressler's Response:
"it would appear that with current plant upgrade plans, these HD services will be made available sometime in "07."

OMG. I'm cancelling all my premiums except hbo & Showtime until january 07'. If they have any competence at all it better be up and running by then.
:mad:

Has anyone ever noticed that these responses are always very vague ?? That's for a reason.... *IF* there are talks between the companies, it's most often kept private for competitive reasons. Or, if the parties can't agree on various points, how could they even speculate on a date for when a channel will be available ??

Quit beating a dead horse. When a channel is going to be available, you'll see it on your program guide. Until then, quit getting so worked up about it.

Most importantly, put your *money*, or don't put your money, where your mouth is. If these channels are soooo important, *cancel* services with them and tell them why you're cancelling. Loss of incoming cash WILL get their attention.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts