Latino Max

skierrob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
With Latino max, do the HD channels still "map down" or do you have to tune to the 5xxx channel number that the Latino packages use?

Thinking of moving from Top 250 to Latino Max, but the thought of having to go through the 900 range music stations just to see more of the HD stations is making me cringe ;)

Thanks!

Thinking of moving from Top 250 to Latino Max, but the thought of having to go through the 900 range music stations just to see more of the HD stations is making me cringe ;)

We recently switched to Latino Max. Learning new channel numbers was the worst part for us, though I think you can still tune to most of the SD feeds using the old numbers.

I, too, don't like scrolling through the music list, so I set up a favorites list with no music channels in it. My wife likes some of them, so her favorites includes the music channels she likes. For us, it's more convenient to switch between favorites lists than to scroll through channels that each of us don't care much for.

For Latino dos and max, you have to tune in the 5300s for your HD channels. (I guess It's the price you pay for saving a few bucks).
SD channel numbering is pretty much the same, with some exceptions on the 800s range (Boomerang, Natgeo, WGN, FX, etc)
Favorite lists help a lot in this situation. Also you can take the opportunity to remove shopping and public channels.

I recently switched from AT250 + Latino Bonus to Latino Dos. For the price of AT120 you get channels from AT250, AT200, the Sirius music channels plus your RSN.
Also you're eligible to sub to the sports pack (which you'll need for NBATV, NFL net, etc).
The only drawback is you loose ESPN and ESPN2.

As others have already pointed out, you have to go to the 53xx range for the HD channels. No mapdown which I found stupid since it's not that hard for them to do. I kept asking for this for years and they just kept saying that it was not in their plans. :(

Too bad... kind of a deal killer for my family. :( Sucks. I would go the favorites route, but then I'd have to add in all the freeview channels each month. And locked channels doesn't solve the "music is in the middle of everything else" problem. darn.

I just switched to Latino Max (from Absolute) and found the same problem. My solution will be to create different favorites lists with a separate one for "audio", but then again we only have two people in my household and we only watch a limited number of channels.

It does seem like a silly from Dish's perspective, but a small hassle compared to the annual savings for me. I'll just make a chart for the few channels we watch and away we go...

This looks like the best option for us to save some money. Other than the 5xxx issue are there any other things I need to worry about? Like using a different satellite? We are on 61.5 and 110/119 now with plans to move from 61.5 to 129. Are the channels in English?

Anyone else NOT receiving Playboy en espanol in Latino Max? I can't get them to turn it on for me.

You have to ask for it to be turned on. I had no problem having it turned on. Maybe you should PM 1 of the i-net response team to turn it on. Or maybe you are in some place that doesn't allow the channel. There are a few states that don't allow it or have qualification to allow it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)