Launch.com music videos on Linux and Mac solved:

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonghornXP

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Well I came across a new firefox type extention that I love. Firstly for this to work you must have mplayer with plugins installed in Linux. On the Mac side the latest version of WMP from Microsoft will do. I've tested this on both and they do have one little bug that isn't that big of a deal. When you go from full screen back it may show just a light grey background in which you think your losing the video but just moving the video window around or go back to full screen mode and all is fixed. Video and sound quality are very good and best of all you don't have todo anything fancy at all except click on the video link like in Windows XP. Also all distros work because your not installing anything but a firefox extention and a firefox extension script.

The details are here below.

http://www.pooyak.com/p/pklaunch/

First thing you have todo is install the firefox extension called greasemoneky.

Second step is to rightclick on the the link called pklaunch.user.js and click the option called Install User Script.

Once you have done this just work your way over to launch.com with Firefox on either mac or linux or both and find your video and play it back just like you would with Windows XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)