Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
May 21, 2006
Avon Indiana
All Hi,

OK I have read Larry's FAQ about 5 times. I have an existing Dish 500 DP Twin
with 110/119 feeding 2 811 receivers direct Works great!! I wold like to use
another Dish 500 w/DP twin to get 61.5 and have tried the hookup in Larry's FAQ
with no success. I connected cable to the 119 side of second dish, covered the 110 LNB w/foil, direct to 811 receiver and not finding satellite 61.5 I live near Indianapolis, Indiana. SatFinder says Bearring 146 Elevation 38 for my location Skew is set at 0. Will not pass checkswitch as nothing is connected to the 110 I believe. What I am trying to accomplish is I have a new VIP 211 comming next week to replace one of the 811'S. I have also got a DP34 comming for same. I was trying to go ahead and get dish installed pre new receiver and switch. It was my understanding that I could run the existing and one from the 2nd dish to the DP34 and have 119/110/61.5 Just making sure I am having an aiming problem.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.. TIA

PS thanks all for all this great information!!!

Plazz

You might try running that cable from 61.5 directly to one of your receivers, bypass the 34 switch, but before doing check switch, leave all cables off that receiver and run check switch to clear the matrix. After this reconnect the 61.5 cable and try to get a signal, if successful hook-up all as before, hooking 61.5 cable to port 3 on 34 switch, and run check switch.

Yhis is true, I started with a DP twin, changed to a DP dual, and it was easier to get signal and it seems like the signal is a few points higher.

Dirtydan said:
Yhis is true, I started with a DP twin, changed to a DP dual, and it was easier to get signal and it seems like the signal is a few points higher.

Well for now I am stuck with the DP twin. I'm having a wicked time finding the 61.5 with DP Twin though. My zip is 46123 I'm finding that my Azimuth needs to be 146 and elevation needs to be 38 but those numbers are for the Dish 300 are they the same for the DP 500.?? Sorry my signal seems to be lost in space..:)

Plazz

Thanks again for all the advice..

If those numbers are from Dish, they should be right, E* uses numbers that have been adusted for magnetic deviation. Do you have access to a Sat. Finder of some sort?

you will need to adjust the azimuth by around 4.5 degrees since a dish500 is designed to point between two satellites not directly at either one.

depending on which side of the twin you are using you need to point at either 57 or 66 instead of 61.5.

Pepper said:
you will need to adjust the azimuth by around 4.5 degrees since a dish500 is designed to point between two satellites not directly at either one.

depending on which side of the twin you are using you need to point at either 57 or 66 instead of 61.5.

Pepper thanks for the info.. Ok in frustration I took the dish to 119/110 settings to make sure that the lnb was working and it boomed in.. I'm now back at the drawing board to locate the 61.5 satellite. I have the dish set at 0 skew is this correct? The following are my longitude and latitude..Latitude = 39.779, Longitude = -86.405 I have tried to set the dish at 140-150 compass bearings and the elevation is 38-40.. Any Idea's?? TIA

Plazz

Correct me if I'm wrong but if I were to get a DP Dual wouldn't I need to
Change the arm and the LNB connector on the arm?

Thanks

Plazz

Ok fantastic thanks for the info.. I think I will go the DP Dual route as I have had no luck at all finding 61.5 with the DP twin.

Thanks again..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)