Leaked document reveals next Xbox price, tech details

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
The document described a box of multiple CPUs and GPUs, allowing for backwards compatibility with the Xbox 360 through an included PowerPC CPU, an estimated 4-6x increase in graphics performance, and background processing enabling TV recording while playing games.

The plan aims for "True 1080p and Full 3D", implying an ability to run 60 fps games at 1080p resolution. The Kinect 2 hardware is included, allowing for four player concurrent tracking with improved voice recognition, dedicated hardware processing, and a "better, wider, deeper" play space allowing use in smaller areas.

The Xbox 720 is designed to be always on in a low-power state to allow for multimedia operation, to be "the only box you need for premium living room entertainment." Blu-Ray is included, along with USB 3.0, HDMI, 802.11n, Gigabit Ethernet, PCI-E, DisplayPort and SATA connectivity. Storage includes the Blu-ray drive, a hard disk drive, and flash storage as well. Video RAM is pegged at 4 GB of 128 bit DDR4 RAM.

Leaked document reveals next Xbox price, tech details | GamesIndustry International

If much of this holds true, and it plays Blu-ray, Ill surely try one as a home media center.

I'll wait for an official announcement from Microsoft before I get excited about anything. I think a Blu Ray drive is a given, as sticking to DVD at this point is just stupid. I don't like having to play games that come on multiple discs. It's like we're back to the PlayStation era of games.

Yeah, some of the rumors are out there at $299. I would like to see someone finally give me more options towards cutting the cable, but we just cant seem to get over that hump yet. I'd love to get all my shows on a box, in a queue kinda like Netflix.

Now imagine if you could use the new XBOX as a DISH Network Joey or a DIRECTV receiver.... it would be the complete home theater system in one box. :)

That seems like a great price point to move a lot of units especially if they are including a updated version of kinect. I wonder if they will be forcing an Xbox live subscription at that price with a more expensive commitment free version.

They recently started offering a $99 Xbox 360 and Kinect bundle that comes with a 2 year commitment to Xbox Live at $14.99 a month. I personally have had an Xbox Live subscription since sometime in the middle of the original Xbox's life so I wouldn't have a huge problem committing to Live for 2 years. However, I have always paid around $50 yearly instead of monthly and at $14.99 that comes to $179.88 per year. I would not pay that much for Live and I hate the idea of another industry moving into a contract business model.

$99 Xbox 360 and Kinect bundle rolling out to Best Buy and GameStop this month -- Engadget

yourbeliefs said:
The 360 has about 3 more years in it I believe. I don't think we will get any news until 2013 at the earliest.

I think I saw something on ign that predicted holiday season release for 2013. It does seem like we would have had an E3 announcement this year if that was true though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts