learning 2nd language for fta

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey Roger, I'll trade you my language books for that boat and outboard and idyllic setting. When people ask, I usually say a bass boat or a Harley make better choices for most people. FTA is what unites us.

Going through some of these new channels I scanned in on 97 last week-some of this stuff gives me a headache! (trying to figure out what they're saying, lol). Have to do a lot of searching on the net for what is from where, I did find one channel that is in
english and it happens to be from kazakhstan, their first satellite tv channel-Caspionet. There's another one called Novaworld, that has some interesting stuff , think it comes from Croatia, not in English though. Most of the rest of them seem to be in Farsi, from Iran and other such places.

for those of you having problems learning spanish because they speak too fast... try KIDS shows & cartoons meant for really young kids... Nick Jr kinda stuff. You gotta crawl before you can walk but once you get the hang of it you can graduate to more adult dialogue. Pimsleur and Michel Thomas CDs are pretty good dont get me wrong, but if you really want to be fluent... take my advice on Tell Me More Spanish software. But if you got the time & money they have immersion classes in Mexico/Costa Rica/ wherever you want to go, it's the quickest way to learn.

" immersion classes in Mexico/Costa Rica/ wherever you want to go, it's the quickest way to learn."
Two weeks spent in Quebec made 3 years of French classes in high school seem like a waste of time... At least now I can speak enough to get by if need be. Also had to take some Spanish lessons for the Pan Am games I volunteered for about 10 years ago. Certainly no regrets being able to have some second/third language skills.
-C.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)