lease fee for upgraded equipment?

kryong

Original poster
Dec 14, 2006
I own 311 and upgrade to DVR (and disconnect 311). So I have only one DVR connected in a room. - but I don't have to return 311 since I own it. -

I just got a statement that they charge me $5 lease fee on top of $5.98 DVR service fee. I thought $5 lease fee is for 2nd & plus receiver, but I have only one (DVR) connected. Yes, I do lease DVR, but I think the first receiver lease fee is waived... Why should I pay for it? Is it their mistake or did I misunderstand?

I found a related link on this issue

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=74311&highlight=lease+fee+upgrade

So, there is no way to waive the $5 lease fee? And for Dish'n it up upgrade program requires 18 month commitment? That's what they said.. I feel like 18 month commitment is the same condition as for new customers, so they should waive $5 lease fee for the commitment.

Otherwise, I think TIVO is better deal for $12 monthly charge by owning it without any commitment .

Well Dish N' It Up is a lease program by nature. There's a Dish N' It Out Like New program where you would own the equipment and receive no lease fee (DVRs outside known models would still be subject to the DVR fee) but the qualifications for it are a bit different and slightly higher prices as well I think, you'd have to call in and ask.

Unsure about the commitment (maybe for a 622/211/411,) I know that when you take that lease upgrade you can't have another for one year. But to answer your question, no waiving of lease fees.

the dish n' up receivers all have lease fees regardless if you only end up having one receiver

so just reconnect the 311 since you'll be paying the same price and will have an extra room to boot

In the Dish'N It Up upgrade program, if I lease a new dvr receiver to replace one of my current 4 receivers, would I incur a $5.98 dvr fee along with a $5 lease fee, in addition to the $5 receiver access fee I currently have for each extra receiver? That sounds like it would cost me an additional $11 a month to replace any regular receiver I have with a DVR.

In the Dish'N It Up upgrade program, if I lease a new dvr receiver to replace one of my current 4 receivers, would I incur a $5.98 dvr fee along with a $5 lease fee, in addition to the $5 receiver access fee I currently have for each extra receiver? That sounds like it would cost me an additional $11 a month to replace any regular receiver I have with a DVR.

No, you would only be charged an additional $5.98 DVR fee. Dish charges a $5 additional
receiver fee or a $5 lease fee but not both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts