Lease fee?

NormInNorman

Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
I just upgraded my 811 to a 722 on the phone. I'm a bit confused about the lease fee. The csr told me that there was a $6 per month lease fee with the dvr advantage plan. I have seen on here several times that there is no lease fee for the first receiver (I'll only have the 722 after the upgrade). I told her I shouldn't be charged the fee but she was adamant that I was wrong. Do I have to complain to the ceo address to get this fee waived or something?

Also, is this the best upgrade deal they have?

$199 up front
$100 mail in rebate
No hd package fee for 6 months

If I'm going to email the ceo address, I may as well go ahead and ask to get more money off if I didn't get a good deal.

The first receiver on your account has no fee. Each additional receiver after that will be $5 for standard def and $6 for high def. It is not a "lease" fee it's an "additional outlet" fee. You will have a $5.98 DVR fee with the 722.

Your first receiver on the account..no charge. Each additional receiver...$5 SD and $6 HD additional outlet fee but you will have a $5.98 charge which will be a DVR fee.

Each additional rcvr $5 for SD and $6 for HD, known as "additional outlet" fee.
You will have the $5.98 DVR fee for the 722.

The first receiver on your account has no fee. Each additional receiver after that will be $5 for standard def and $6 for high def. It is not a "lease" fee it's an "additional outlet" fee. You will have a $5.98 DVR fee with the 722.

WRONG.. If you do a DIU you are leasing, you have a "lease" fee not an additional outlet fee.

"Additional Outlet Fee" is for subscriber OWNED STB's.
"Lease Fee" is for leased/Dish Owned STB's.

There is no DVR fee for one DVR with DVR Advantage and no lease fee for the 1st receiver. That's what the "advantage" is supposed to be!:rolleyes: Just ANOTHER case of a CSR that doesn't know what they're talking about. Call 3 times, get 3 different answers. If it wasn't so damned maddening it'd be funny. It ain't funny.

Ed

Last edited:
There is no DVR fee for one DVR with DVR Advantage and no lease fee for the 1st receiver. That's what the "advantage" is supposed to be!:rolleyes: Just ANOTHER case of a CSR that doesn't know what they're talking about. Call 3 times, get 3 different answers. If it wasn't so damned maddening it'd be funny. It ain't funny.

Ed
Right but still wrong, if a phone line isn't connected to a dual tuner receiver there is still an additional outlet fee. But with 1 receiver and DVR advantage there shouldn't be a DVR fee or lease fee.

Right but still wrong, if a phone line isn't connected to a dual tuner receiver there is still an additional outlet fee. But with 1 receiver and DVR advantage there shouldn't be a DVR fee or lease fee.

I agree with BoBa, this is what I have.

With only just one (1) dual tuner receiver in your household under the DVR advantage plan, there are no additional charges when connected to a telephone line:

No Lease Fee

No DVR fee

No additional outlet Fee

If it is a HD dual tuner, you must have HD programming to eliminate the enabling fee.

Some CSRs will tell you otherwise.

E-Mail the CEO if you have to.

OK, thanks guys. I thought it was like that but you generally expect that representatives from a company know their business. I'll complain loudly if I get charged that fee.

Speaking of CSRs not knowing what they are talking about, that was my second phone call. The first CSR told me if I upgrade I HAD to pay my monthly bill using a credit card. I told him that was BS and I would just switch to cox where I can pay any way I want. He put me on hold then came back and said that there was nothing he could do for me. I got a little belligerent and told him I would call them back to cancel my service after I had made other arrangements.

Then after I calmed down I called back and got a different CSR. She told me I would either have to pay by credit card or make an 18 month commitment. So I signed up for the credit card pay and got everything I wanted.

Signing up for stuff with them is frustrating. Every time I call now I get someone from India and I spend half of my time asking them to repeat what they are saying AND they don't understand me either. I also feel they can't relate to us lazy Americans so they never get the point I'm trying to get across. Let's just hope everything goes smooth on the install and I don't have to call them again.

CORRECTION....The fee is "programing access fee"

I have a few questions as I too am looking to do a DIU to a 722. I have a owned 522 now that I want to keep, thus would have a 722 and 522.

When I call to do DIU is it better to remove the 522 from my account and add it later so I dont get charged the $6 lease fee? The 722 must be the primary to not have the lease fee correct?

I have DVR Adavantage 250 now and all receivers would be connected to phone lines. Thus if Dish sets this up right with 722 as the primary my bill SHOULD be before taxes:

DVR Adavantage 250 $59.99
HD Programming $20.00
DVR Fee (For 522) $5.98
Additional Receiver Fee (For 522) $5.00
Total: $90.97

Any problems seen here?? I to was told DVR advantage was 18 month contract or CC autopay. Not thrilled with autopay but im not signing a 18 month contract just for DVR advantage. Anyway else to pay for DVR advantage??

Your monthly bill looks correct to me. I didn't have to do the 18 month commitment to get DVR Advantage but had to do CC autopay. It was a choice of one or the other. However, when I later did the 722 upgrade I had to commit to 18 months as well.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)