Leave me alone! (I'm working...)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bill190

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
Well I moved my big 12 ft. dish Friday morning and got it installed on my 10 ft. pole.

And then it started....

I brought out my small TV, signal meter, and old receiver with 36V positioner and set about lining up the dish.

I worked about an hour and was starting to get somewhere with my adjustments.. then... neighbor pops head over fence and says "You got all the channels yet?" I say "No, I'm just adjusting the dish..."

Then I forgot where I was in my adjusting. Did the east need to go higher or lower? Well I'll move the dish back and check again.

Then I work another 30 minutes and making a little progress. Then phone rings. Call for me.

Then I work 15 minutes and my friend wants me to drive him somewhere. I say "Just a few minutes please...."

Then my neighbor pops head over fence again and says "You got all the channels yet?" I say "No, I'm just adjusting the dish..."

Then I work 5 minutes... My other neighbor yells across the fence "What are you doing over there?" "Ummm I'm lining up my dish..." Then she wants to chat (gossip actually).

Now I forgot where I was again. Did the west need to go higher or lower? I'll start over....

I work 2 minutes... My friend says he needs to go now if I can take him...

Arrrggggg!

Can't everyone leave me alone and let me line up my dish so I can go play with my new receiver????

.....Well today (Sunday) I was able to work all day (undisturbed) and get my dish lined up. Yeaaaaa!

Glad to hear you got it up and running.

I try to scowel, generally act grumpy, and mumble to myself a lot when I'm outside working on stuff, and people tend to stay clear of me. Although that doesn't prevent them from watching and laughing at me when I drop things on my head, or I fall off a ladder, or drop a tool from the roof 3-4 times in a row.

I do tend to get all the "important" phone calls when I'm out working. They kids never seem to figure out that they should take a message and let me get my messages when I am done. So now I try to remember to turn the phone off and let the machine get it, or bring the phone with me so that I can ignore the ringing myself.

When I was putting a new polar mount on a dish I was making out of a 12 foot microwave dish, I used my son's little red wagon to prop up the dish so that I could put the bolts through from the bottom while my wife put the nuts on. My son suddenly decided that he wanted his wagon back and started to pull it out from under the dish with me still under the dish. I learned very quickly that you should never yell underneath a parabolic curved surface. :D

I hear you pal. We must share the same neighbors? My family is really a bigger pain than neighbors at times like this. Glad you got it tuned in! Enjoy!!!!

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)