Aug 14, 2006
Moving to Cary, NC from Chicago, IL. As I see it, here are my 3 options:

• OTA ATSC and OTA NTSC - blah
  • TimeWarner Cable - See 1st
  • TimeWarner Digital Cable - maybe
  • DishNetwork - maybe
  • Keep DTV - why?

Needs:

(1) High Speed Internet: local providers don't offer DSL (DSLAM too far away). I could go with DirectWay - but that's hella expensive and quality blows. In this case cable is the only show in town (literally and figuratively).
(2) Decent HD programming
(3) Availability of packages and channels

Wants:

(1) Bundling - it's nice to pay one person
(2) SuperBundling - isn't ATT trying to do phone, cellular, cable and internet all in one deal?
(3) Bandwidth for internet - I'm a home office worker so this is tops

I'd like to leave DTV if not for the reason that I don't know (and questioning that, am I missing something by not trying) what the others offer?

If I do attempt to leave DTV, won't they try to retain me? What are some goodies I can try and score if I stay with them. They don't like to lose customers, and 5+ year customers hurt worse I imagine.

Maybe sounds like you should post this in the general area. Or just have it moved so there wont be a double post. But here you are mostly going to get DirecTV ideas, which it already sounds like you don't want for whatever your reasons are.

I beat cable and teleco "triple and quad threat" bundles (vid, ISP, phone, cell) by doing my own research and selections; I am not so lazy or worried about paying more than one entity to get exactly what I want and how I want it AND I STILL save money versus bundles.

I choose my video provider based on THEM and them alone; what they offer all-around to me now and their positioning for the future. I NEVER, EVER, weigh any promotional pricing scams into my decisions; I only look at the true, end result costs for a real comparison.

Only you can decide what is best for you, your family, your tastes, and your wallet.. Good luck and enjoy!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)