Left 4 Dead 3?

king3pj

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 7, 2009
Michigan
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/06/left-4-dead-3-confirmed-during-valve-office-tour

During a recent office tour of Valve a fan took a picture of a computer monitor that listed Left 4 Dead 3 as a current project. I realize this may mean nothing. They may just be talking about making L4D3 or if they have already approved it it could still be years before release.

Left 4 Dead and it's sequel were probably the most fun I had on Xbox Live, at least on my 360. (Halo 2 and Star wars Battlefront 2 would have something to say about that if I include the original Xbox. I have played every level including all the DLC countless times on both L4D games plus quite a bit of versus. Every time I see those games on sale on Steam I am tempted to buy them again but my better judgement has prevailed.

This is absolutely thin evidence of anything but just the prospect of Left 4 Dead 3 on my PC with all the user created content in addition to the DLC being free on Steam has me really excited. I just hope it comes out soon because now that my 360 is gone I'm pretty sure I'm jumping on the next Left 4 Dead sale that pops up.

I played the hell out of L4D1 on my 360, but for whatever reason I guess I was zombied out when L4D2 came out and I got it on PC. I played it for a few hours but I think I got annoyed at the difficulty ramp up. Maybe things have gotten more balanced over time but my queue is too large to delve back into it right now. Maybe after I'm done with DMC I'll remove it and load back L4D2 to replace it. now that I have a SSD I don't exactly have space to hold all my games, so if I"m not playing it, it's getting kicked out for the time being.

I don't have a SSD yet but it is probably going to be my next upgrade. I think I will keep my standard 1TB drive in my computer when I do this upgrade though. That way I don't have to constantly uninstall and download my games. It seems like it would be much faster to just transfer your most played games at any given time to the SSD and then move them back to a standard drive when you are done with them for a while.

Of course, I've never seen a SSD in action and I'm not sure how realistic that would be. Can Steam still keep track of your games and launch them properly if you move them around between multiple drives? These are the things I need to figure out before upgrading to SSD. The other thing that makes me hesitate is that my gaming PC is hooked to my TV and 99% of it's use comes from gaming. I don't wake it from sleep to check my email or browse the web. Most of my games have very quick load times even with my standard drive at least compared to the console load times I was used too. I'm not sure how much performance gain I would really see from installing a SSD considering that my PC really is just a gaming box.

I don't have a SSD yet but it is probably going to be my next upgrade. I think I will keep my standard 1TB drive in my computer when I do this upgrade though. That way I don't have to constantly uninstall and download my games. It seems like it would be much faster to just transfer your most played games at any given time to the SSD and then move them back to a standard drive when you are done with them for a while.

Of course, I've never seen a SSD in action and I'm not sure how realistic that would be. Can Steam still keep track of your games and launch them properly if you move them around between multiple drives? These are the things I need to figure out before upgrading to SSD. The other thing that makes me hesitate is that my gaming PC is hooked to my TV and 99% of it's use comes from gaming. I don't wake it from sleep to check my email or browse the web. Most of my games have very quick load times even with my standard drive at least compared to the console load times I was used too. I'm not sure how much performance gain I would really see from installing a SSD considering that my PC really is just a gaming box.
BELIEVE ME, it's worth it. You don't have any idea how much bottleneck your HDD is giving you. I can load a game of Skyrim (going from launching the game to saved game being loaded) in about 10 seconds. Windows boots up in about 15 seconds. Gaming is MADE for SSDs. I got this one, although I would not recommend you getting the same model at this point because I paid $200 less than it's going for on Amazon now.

And yes, you CAN install Steam games on multiple drives, for the most part. I don't know all the specifics, but a simple google search will yield you the results you need.

BELIEVE ME, it's worth it. You don't have any idea how much bottleneck your HDD is giving you. I can load a game of Skyrim (going from launching the game to saved game being loaded) in about 10 seconds. Windows boots up in about 15 seconds. Gaming is MADE for SSDs. I got this one, although I would not recommend you getting the same model at this point because I paid $200 less than it's going for on Amazon now.

And yes, you CAN install Steam games on multiple drives, for the most part. I don't know all the specifics, but a simple google search will yield you the results you need.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BQ8RM1A/?tag=satell01-20

I think this one would be perfect for me if only they would drop the price by about $400(sarcasm). The 960GB SSD would let me keep enough storage space for all my games without the headache of constantly transferring them back and forth between two drives and remapping their location for Steam. I think I am more in the $200 price range though not the $600 range. that puts me in the 240GB-256GB range depending on brand. I'm going to hold off for now and start looking for SSDs in sales like Amazon's deal of the day.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BQ8RM1A/?tag=satell01-20

I think this one would be perfect for me if only they would drop the price by about $400(sarcasm). The 960GB SSD would let me keep enough storage space for all my games without the headache of constantly transferring them back and forth between two drives and remapping their location for Steam. I think I am more in the $200 price range though not the $600 range. that puts me in the 240GB-256GB range depending on brand. I'm going to hold off for now and start looking for SSDs in sales like Amazon's deal of the day.
That's what I did. The one I got was a 256 GB SSD for $159. Yeah... that deal didn't last long but dammit I got it in time. Honestly though, unless you need to be playing a LOT of games at one particular time, 256 isn't an unusable amount of space for your main drive. On my machine, my main drive has my OS and my games and NOTHING else (minus a few programs.) Then I have a 1 TB and a 2 TB drive attached, and those hold EVERYTHING else. Don't forget, it's pretty easy to backup saved games and many use cloud syncing so it's easy to to get back into your games if you delete them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)