Left E*, how long before I am considered a new customer?

you need a new social security number to be a new customer (spouce/roomate/parent). I was at an install the other day where a customer had switched to Charter Cable for a month and was given a "Dish Mover" at no charge to get reconnected. Call dish and see what they say.

I had only disconnected D for 3 months when they started calling me begging me to come back and offereing me the same deal as a new customer. IN fact, they even "turned" me into a new customer in their systems so that I was able to get a deal. I guess it depends on whom you talk to ( you may want to get a supervisor or something like that when you call, don't talk to just a CSR) or even write to the ceo email. I think at this point dish is really agressive in terms of getting customers, either new or old I'm sure they give you what you want! it worked for me! and I'm for sure not a virgin again!! :D

aznxrice said:
I wanna go back now. Time Warner Cable sucks.

If you were previously a leasing customer, i.e. DHA, they have a few requirements you have to meet and if you do, you can be considered a new customer. They are: 1) Return all equipment you were 'loaned', 2) wait 6 months before returning, and 3) have paid off any balance. There may be more, of course, but these are the basics. I met them all and returned and got the current "new customer" deals.

hall said:
If you were previously a leasing customer, i.e. DHA, they have a few requirements you have to meet and if you do, you can be considered a new customer. They are: 1) Return all equipment you were 'loaned', 2) wait 6 months before returning, and 3) have paid off any balance. There may be more, of course, but these are the basics. I met them all and returned and got the current "new customer" deals.

Ditto

hall said:

and you were signed up under Former Customer DHA with an 18 month agreement, not a new customer. No one is ever a new customer once they have already been a customer once. You can be a returning customer, a former customer, a second time customer (or third, fourth, fifth...) but not a new customer. I guess if the company changed hands and changed it's name then maybe you would be a new customer, but then so would everyone else.

Whatever .... the point is, I got the same deal that a *real* new customer can get. Who cares what I'm called ?? I don't and I'm sure the original poster isn't concerned what they call him/her either.

You need to do two things..... Move to a new house/apt. and have your spouse/girlfriend put her name on the new deal. Otherwise, I'm sure you won't qualify to be a new customer.

I'm assuming that the move is necessary but I could be wrong, as people buy and houses all the time. I'm assuming someone calling to tie into a Dish left on the roof by the former owner would be called a new customer.

Actually as E* is trying to approach 13million by end of this year there are different "deals" going down.

Give them a call... explain you can't stand cable any more. You made a mistake... repent... repent...

They may set you up as a former customer with "new" customer advantages.

If a brand new customer can get deal "A" and a returning customer who's met certain requirements can also get deal "A", IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU'RE CLASSIFIED AS, DOES IT ?? New customer, returning DHA customer, etc, etc, etc. People are only concerned with being able to get the specials that E* advertises.

aznxrice said:
I wanna go back now. Time Warner Cable sucks.
I think it is 7 months...But you may want to check with dish...Some people use a different phone number or different name....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts