Legacy analog ird w/ qph-031 switching??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sabersaw

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
I found a 8' bud w/ all parts and a echostar 400 stb. Thru Freecycle.

I have a qph-031 mounted on a winegard w/ sg2100 that I have been using with DVB for the past several months. The Bud is sitting in backyard for now... that won't be put up until I move.

I am moving the dish around with my dvb box no problem, and I have this echostar 400 box plugged into the second linear port on lnb. I was able to get a test channel on a horizontal tp. I know the qph-031 has some type of solid state switching between H and V tps. Is there anyway I can get this analog box to work with that? These old stbs expect to move a motor to switch polarities right? How about using the DVB box somehow to change polarities and using the loop? Or am I going to have to physically spin the lnb 90 degrees in holder.. When searching thru freqs it does show v and h but the test card came up under both v and h at same freq.

Any and all comments welcome... have the dvb stuff down pretty good.. looking to snag some feeds on analog.

you answered your own question :)
The LNBF's default to H polarity if hooked directly to an analog box

How about using the DVB box somehow to change polarities and using the loop
bingo. Use the loop out of the DVB box and plug that into the sat input of the analog box. Whatever polarity the DVB box is on the analog will be the same :)

Okay thanks that came to me somewhere in the middle of my ramblings.:D There is a Diseqc in line with the DVB stb. I will have to bypass that correct? and I will have to leave the dvb stb on correct? Trying to do this with the least amount of unhooking and hooking up of wires cause I have already had bad luck smoking some switches and lnbs. Patience is something some lack.:cool: Thanks for comfirming.

nope. You can leave the switch in the line. I have a switch in line with no issues.

If you have the DVB box off, it will default to diseqc position 1 H polarity only for the analog. For anything else, you would have to have the DVB box on.

Great! gives me something to work with.. going to be messy for the birds I have no h and v saved for but putting some tps in the setup (fake if need be) should send the switch signals for h and v and diseqc. And will get to pull that line I just ran out there. Awesome.:up

yep
Make sure to turn the receiver OFF (with switch on back) when adding the loop out.

I have a couple satellites with old feeds programmed in (that havent been on for months) just to use the analog :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)