Legacy to DP

dbs2000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2010
PUERTO RICO
I currently have the following installed:

1 ea SW-64 connected to 3 Dish 300 48" dishes for which I receive 119/110/61.5. I use 4 tuners.
I would like to convert to dish pro but don't know which would work. All 3 dishes have the rectangular slot to insert the Legacy LNB so I don't see how to make it fit from the shape they have.

Can someone give me a hand on this??? Please.

:confused: Dish 300's are not 4' in diameter! Also, the legacy Dish LNBs I've used fit the same D-shaped plastic yoke that the DP LNBs take. You must be using non-Dish (legacy) LNBs. Perhaps the FTA folks would have suggestions on a bandstacked LNB, or an adapter, that would work with your dishes.

the OP is in Puerto Rico and it sounds like he is using DIrectv LNB's which are rectangular

I think there is a rectangular DishPro LNB out there...lemme do some checking

shoot I dont see any out there anymore.
I know you can use an I adapter...that would give you the "D" shaped end but then you would have to chop off part of the arm on the dish to get the focal point in the same spot. If you add the "I" adapter then its adding 3-4 inches more on the dish which would screw up the signals

I have modified the "D" shaped lnb's with a die grinder to make them fit, modified the rectangular tube to fit the lnb and used the adapters....all work. the adapters are the best but any method will work if done properly...

to answer your question you would need 3 single or dual dish pro lnb's and either a dp34 switch or a dpp44 switch.....

if legacy is still working there is no need to change....

:confused: Dish 300's are not 4' in diameter! Also, the legacy Dish LNBs I've used fit the same D-shaped plastic yoke that the DP LNBs take. You must be using non-Dish (legacy) LNBs. Perhaps the FTA folks would have suggestions on a bandstacked LNB, or an adapter, that would work with your dishes.

My three dishes are Channel Master 1.1 M which is roughly 43". My LNB's are Eagle Aspen which are in fact inserted on the arm and you insert the LNB into the arm, put a screw type nut and bolt and is firmly in place. I have seen dish LNB's and they are D-shape. I just though of changing it since the SW-64 are hard to find. I have one installed and one spare with it's transformer and power injection. Would you drive without a spare tire?? It' a back up.

Thanks for the assistance you all provided. If I was to call E* and ask these questions I would have to take and hour and get no results.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts