legally blind and want to understand linear and circular polarization can someone explain?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

edugamer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2019
pa
hey guys,
I would like to better understand vertical, circular and horizontal polarization.
How would you go about explaining this to a blind or legally blind FTAer?
I have some useful vision but still having some problem understanding how the waves move through the wind.
I think if someone explains it a little, I might better understand the equipment, it's limitations, and it's properties

hey guys,
I would like to better understand vertical, circular and horizontal polarization.
I have some useful vision but still having some problem understanding how the waves move through the wind.
I think if someone explains it a little, I might better understand the equipment, it's limitations, and it's properties
move through the air! not wind.
So, as I interpret this so far and what I know already as an audio engineer.
Higher the freq, the shorter and smaller the wave lengths
The waves travel spiraling through the air and come at the dish like jet propellers when circular, and have the information encoded and carried at the left and right of the wave.
in vertical and horizontal they come at the dish like a flat disk.
This is from what I read online

hey guys,
move through the air! not wind.
So, as I interpret this so far and what I know already as an audio engineer.
Higher the freq, the shorter and smaller the wave lengths
The waves travel spiraling through the air and come at the dish like jet propellers when circular, and have the information encoded and carried at the left and right of the wave.
in vertical and horizontal they come at the dish like a flat disk.
This is from what I read online
Here is a link to the FAQ section here that explains it with some pictures (hope you can see them) but seems that you pretty much have a good understanding already. ;)
What is Linear / Circular Polarization?

Circular polarity is not typically used in FTA. There may be none at all in North America (outside of DISH's satellite ID art cards).

The pizza dish companies like circular because it is much less fuss to set up with their multi-satellite dishes.

Reactions: danristheman
To imagine circular polarization, each wave is sort of like a screw being driven into your dish, from 22,500 miles up.

Hortizonal and vertical are two where the waves are on a flat plane perpendicular to each other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)