Legendary owner of the Raiders, Al Davis has passed away..

...."I wished he was dead"? I have never WISHED Al Davis was dead. Have I said things may change if he is no longer pulling the Raiders reins....yes. But that is WAY off from wishing someone dead.

Dude....stop while your ahead and have a little respect. You wanna discuss this in private, I have no issues with that...but you're coming off as an insensitive jerk.

salsadancer7
12-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Well...this is gonna be a long flight home. On the way to the airport, drenched and pist! Witnessing an ass-whipping in the rain no less. Well, once again....big war.....Pats with guns and Raiders with knives.
Die Davis die!!!

salsadancer7
12-14-2008, 10:19 PM
ONCE the 'Fidel Castro' of the NFL dies, the team will be run by a more stable human being.

yaz96 said:
salsadancer7
12-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Well...this is gonna be a long flight home. On the way to the airport, drenched and pist! Witnessing an ass-whipping in the rain no less. Well, once again....big war.....Pats with guns and Raiders with knives.
Die Davis die!!!

salsadancer7
12-14-2008, 10:19 PM
ONCE the 'Fidel Castro' of the NFL dies, the team will be run by a more stable human being.

Yes.... I did say that...but that does not mean I really wanted the man dead?! Goes to exactly what I said, which was once he no longer had the reins, the team might be better off.

Say what you want about Davis, but he was instrumental in bringing minority players into the NFL after the merger. Prior to the AFL/NFL merger in 1970, the NFL had a reputation of being a "lily-white" league. Mr. Davis played a huge part in changing that. IMO, that is a huge part of his legacy.

RIP

Todays Denver Post Sports Poll (all valid points. I voted A.)

Raiders owner Al Davis has died at age 82 What should be his lasting legacy?
Total Votes = 489

A)NFL visionary. Love him or hate him, Davis helped make the NFL what it is.
237 Votes, or 48.46 %
B)A has been. A stubborn Davis held on to power too long as game passed him by.
98 Votes, or 20.04 %
C)Football rebel. Davis was instrumental in merging the AFL and NFL.
63 Votes, or 12.88 %
D)Darth Raider. Despite his accomplishments, he was one of football's most disliked characters.
91 Votes, or 18.60 %

Read more: Denver Broncos, Tim Tebow News, Scores, Roster, Stats - The Denver Post Denver Broncos, Tim Tebow News, Scores, Roster, Stats - The Denver Post
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: Terms of Use - The Denver Post

Wow, just heard about Al Davis. RIP. You know if I had voted I would have voted A as well. Love him or hate him, he was one of the founding fathers of the NFL AND AFL. I believe he was commissioner of the AFL. Think about it. He died at 82. Commissioner of the AFL, Won the Super Bowl 3 times, owned an historic franchise etc. I think all in all thats a good life.

With all leaders or people who look to make dramatic changes they are going to be loved and hated. That's what makes you stand out and be a leader

Will this be the end of the first round kicker being drafted though

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

I hate the two faced people.

When al was alive he was the worst thing for the radiers.

Now he has died al was the greatest thing for the raiders. The team will not be the same.

Hogwash his son will make the raiders great again.

In al,s youth he was a great owner.

Like all of us he got older and out of touch with modern football.

Al was a human being with good and bad traits.

I hate it when someone dies everyone says what a great guy he was, but while alive he was a great jerk etc.

Lets remember al for what he was as a human the good with the bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomcrown1 said:
I hate the two faced people.

When al was alive he was the worst thing for the radiers.

Now he has died al was the greatest thing for the raiders. The team will not be the same.

Hogwash his son will make the raiders great again.

In al,s youth he was a great owner.

Like all of us he got older and out of touch with modern football.

Al was a human being with good and bad traits.

I hate it when someone dies everyone says what a great guy he was, but while alive he was a great jerk etc.

Lets remember al for what he was as a human the good with the bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al Davis was both. But we now live in a "what have you done for me lately" society...especially as sports fans. In the overall scheme of things, Al Davis was great for both the Raiders and the NFL. The last ten years, they were not, for both. He had a football career that spanned almost 60 years, but media, disgruntled Raider fans and haters only concentrated on the last 10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts