Lehigh Valley, PA (Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton, etc) Voom Review

bnl107

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 29, 2004
Allentown, PA
I live in South Whitehall (right outside of Allentown). I've had Service Electric Cable and RCN before switching to Voom. Signed up with Voom in June '04 and will be a Voom customer for a long time to come! I can't say enough good stuff about Voom, especially when compared to SECTV or RCN. Customer service is 1000x friendlier and responsive. The picture quality is unimaginably better (both HD and SD channels). Al thought I had heard a lot of concerns about receiving the Philadelphia networks with the OTA antenna, after some phone calls to Voom they upgraded my antenna to a Channel Master 4880 (free of charge) and I now get more local channels than either cable provider even offers! Don't believe AntennaWeb. I also live in a low area with a large hill and many trees around my house, so those of you in higher areas may have even better luck. Here are a list of some of the local channels I receive:
  • KYW 3 (CBS)
  • WPIV 6 (ABC)
  • WCAU 10 (NBC)
  • WPHL 17 (UPN)
  • WTXF 29 (FOX)
  • WYBE (Wilkes-Barre)
  • WLVT 39 (PBS)
  • WFMZ 69 (IND)
With the original Sensar II OTA antenna Voom gives as the default antenna I was only able to get channels 39 and 69, so be aware that to get the major networks from Philly you will either need to get Voom to upgrade the antenna, or you can just ask them for a service credit and buy your own (they are not very expensive).

The picture quality is incredible (even on regular channels like CNN) compared to cable, the VaVaVoom Package gives me more channels than I had with SECTV, better picture quality, all of the Voom Exclusives (some of them are pretty cool and I can't imagine living without them now), and friendlier customer service - all for about half the cost of what I would be paying for cable! Just call SECTV and ask them how much it would cost for all of the cable channels, all of the movie channels, and the total HD pack. It'll come out to be way over $160 a month with all of the rental fees, and you won't even get half of the HD channels you'll have with Voom! In fact, the cable companies charge you extra for the local channels in HD and Voom gives them to you for free over via the OTA antenna... and the picture is even better! Even on our SD set in the bedroom, Voom looks much better than cable ever did!

If you live in the Lehigh Valley area and are considering Voom, feel free to drop me an IM or email if you have any questions. I can give you the number for the best Voom installer as well. Trust me, once you switch to Voom you'll never want to go back to cable either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)