Let Universal know you want BD from them!

Didn't someone previously post they had an agreement to be HD-DVD exclusive until December? If so, 2006 or 2007?

Be more then happy to if there's also a campaign for the Blu-Ray exclusive studios to also publish on HD-DVD.

That exclusive was up in 2006. Their militant stand during the HD-DVD lauch has gone from 'We will never do BluRay and we will continue to support only HD-DVD' to 'We do not have any plans to bring out BluRay movies anytime soon' from the CES2007.

Is it me or is the language changing? Now is the time to strike, send your BD requests to Universal now. Let them know we are waiting with our dollars for their movies on BD.

Be more then happy to if there's also a campaign for the Blu-Ray exclusive studios to also publish on HD-DVD.

This is not going to happen. Those studios are heavily invested in the BD format and have quite alot of control right now. Why would they give that up?

I work for GE. Universal is owned by GE. I sent them a mail through this link as well as an internal link within GE. Hopefully someone is listening. Ignoring Bluray is ridiculous. I guarantee that there will be an overall surge in High Def titles sold if Universal comes onboard BD.

Heck, they're not releasing a "surge" in HD-DVD format. Why would they do so in BD? They'll be led to Blu-ray kicking and screaming all the way, and be late to the party- kinda like Sony was with VHS. Or maybe they'll be smarter than the "root kit" company.

That exclusive was up in 2006. Their militant stand during the HD-DVD lauch has gone from 'We will never do BluRay and we will continue to support only HD-DVD' to 'We do not have any plans to bring out BluRay movies anytime soon' from the CES2007.

Is it me or is the language changing? Now is the time to strike, send your BD requests to Universal now. Let them know we are waiting with our dollars for their movies on BD.

It's just a politer way of saying No.

John do you really believe they can ignore over 1 million BD players and counting at the rate of 240,000 per month (PS3 sales)?

John do you really believe they can ignore over 1 million BD players and counting at the rate of 240,000 per month (PS3 sales)?

Yes, because the buy in rate for movie titles on PS3 isn't anywhere near what is being hoped for. Until intent crosses over to purchasing it's unused potential. That is a very tough sale at $25-30 per title on Blu-rays (and HD-DVD as well). But sales have increased but not by a huge amount. You'll say, it's 3x or whatever number it is; but 3x for getting title sales up to 50K/month isn't that big of a deal.

Unlike you, I'm not overconfident that Blu-ray is going to be a slamdunk. Pinning a format's hopes on a gaming console isn't the path to success.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)