Letter from Dishnetwork

I can see a lot of people moving to DirecTv after this and stuck in their current contract because there is a statement in the contract that says that they do not guarantee the channels provided.

where are DTV's local channels for 25320 located. compared to Dish's Satelites locations? I would hate to switch back. My first system was the cheap $799 system from Directv. lol :eek:

I had received similar letter for super dish. The dish just replaced the Lnbs and adjusted the dish to get 110, 118.7, (where most of the international channels are now), and 119.

There was no extension of contact or anything and it was also done for free of charge.

Well Dishnetwork finally showed up on the day after they scheduled the appointment. And figured out that I was correct in telling them I could not get the 129 satellite. Like I tired to tell them. So I'm screwed. :(

new to this site

I was thinking of switching from Direct to Dish. To compare them I subscribed to Dish while I still had Direct. I'm glad I did. For the same money I got a lot more channels on Direct, but what made up my mind about not switching was every time a cloud passed over my house I would loose Dish (very often I might add) but never once did Direct go out.
I got rid of my land line witch had no effect on Direct but Dish started charging me extra for not being connected to a working phone line. I didn't wait for the contract to run out, I paid the penalty to get out of it.
I'm now stuck with Dish high speed Internet for what they call high speed I'm paying $50.00 a month, to get out of it I would have to pay $25.00 a month. You might ask why I would want to get out of my 18 month contract? The same thing happens with their satellite, it doesn't take thunder, rain or snow for me to loose the connection, just a cloud will do it. Now I've been having trouble with speed. After calling every day for a week complaining about 8 to 15 kbps downloads they finally told me I went over my limit of downloads for the month and they are restricting my speed. Has anyone ever heard of any thing like this? It was a shock to me that $50.00 a month isn't enough for them, & they have to use every excuse they can dream up to get more out of us.

I was thinking of switching from Direct to Dish. To compare them I subscribed to Dish while I still had Direct. I'm glad I did. For the same money I got a lot more channels on Direct, but what made up my mind about not switching was every time a cloud passed over my house I would loose Dish (very often I might add) but never once did Direct go out.
I got rid of my land line witch had no effect on Direct but Dish started charging me extra for not being connected to a working phone line. I didn't wait for the contract to run out, I paid the penalty to get out of it.
I'm now stuck with Dish high speed Internet for what they call high speed I'm paying $50.00 a month, to get out of it I would have to pay $25.00 a month. You might ask why I would want to get out of my 18 month contract? The same thing happens with their satellite, it doesn't take thunder, rain or snow for me to loose the connection, just a cloud will do it. Now I've been having trouble with speed. After calling every day for a week complaining about 8 to 15 kbps downloads they finally told me I went over my limit of downloads for the month and they are restricting my speed. Has anyone ever heard of any thing like this? It was a shock to me that $50.00 a month isn't enough for them, & they have to use every excuse they can dream up to get more out of us.

:welcome to Satelliteguys.us! Sorry you had such a bad experience with Dish. You shouldn't have had reception problems like that, unless the dish wasn't installed properly. I have optimal signal strength, and have never lost signal for a single moment. Not even during the Equinox or during the heaviest of thunderstorms. As far as internet, do you have Wild Blue?

hmm...called dish to downgrade my subscription because my Tivo from my cable company will be here on the 16th and they said I can't downgrade till the tech closes the order. :mad: I hate the stupid cable company too but I have no choice I work nights and I will miss all my tv shows if I don't have a DVR or Tivo hooked to something that gets locals.

Yes I have wild blue, but as far as it not being installed right, I don't think so because I had 3 different installers out to reinstall it. The first crew used over 150' of cable which is the max to avoid putting in another ground rod. The second crew just pulled out all of the slack in the cable to avoid the same thing. The third told me that they weren't allowed to for fear of j.u.l.i.e. so I bought one myself & drove it into the ground 7 of the 8'
I have never had any problems with Direct. but as you can see nothing but problems with Dish

I know this is a bit off topic, but I'm always surprised at the number of people who have problems with E*.

I'm on my second account with E*. The first time I had a *self installed* SuperDISH for 110/119/121, and only once during a particularly heavy snow did I loose signal -- for about 5 minutes. And I can say I didn't do that great of a job installing it. :)

I'm now on a 1000.2 that was installed by a local Dish sub. I've had it for about 3 months. We've had some very hard snows and heavy winds and I haven't lost signal at all.

Location is northeast Ohio.

Scott, most likely they have a 105 SuperDish and they are taking almost everything from 105 to 129.

You will need a 1000.2 Dish.
That is it. They were here with a brand new dish but wouldn't install it because there was no point. It would be picking up nothing on 129. :rolleyes: I called the cable company they will be here on the 16th to install a Tivo. Oh well....

I am near Charlottesville, Va and just had the new 1000.2 installed a month ago. Bad pixelization started whenever cloud cover came over so I called for a repoint which they did and it worked better. But I still lose channel 29 and get a blue screen telling me "we know of the problem and will get it fixed. Do not call us". I also get frequent pixelization on Channel 27.
Apparently the 129 bird does suck......never had much of a problem before the new dish install.

Ive never had any problems with the 129? Our HD locals come in on the 118.7 though. The 129 is mainly used for the HD programming. The 118.7 is a pain to get peaked though. The 129 Ive always had excellent signal strength.

Dishnetwork almost has lost me. I finally downgraded to Dish Family. After my Tivo gets here I will send back the Leased DVR. And keep Dish Family for a while. $19.95 and be able to get PPV's would be ok if that is all I can get. I hope Tivo works as well as a DVR does.

Dishnetwork almost has lost me. I finally downgraded to Dish Family. After my Tivo gets here I will send back the Leased DVR. And keep Dish Family for a while. $19.95 and be able to get PPV's would be ok if that is all I can get. I hope Tivo works as well as a DVR does.

Tivo has kind of an illogical layout and interface, but it works well enough. It should work just fine. I'm sorry you couldn't get 129. Hope cable works out better for you. Keep us posted.

eeew. Tivo...who designed this complicated thing. The installer didn't even show me how to work it. I'm still trying to figure it out. Unfriendly user menu's yuck. Oh well better than nothing. :)

25320 if its west of 119 i'm in trouble :( I hope you mean East facing from behind the dish. :) Looks like I will be switching to cable. :(
Azimuth 247. 1 Elevation, 24.1 ..This would be to the right of your dish standing behind it.
Can you go up with the dish..Pole mount, higher roof mount or do you have one of those security lights on a wooden power pole in your yard?