Letter from E*

NR2D

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
Laurel Springs NJ
I got a NICE letter from E* that my annual subscripion was expiring in May. No pressure, no hype, No threats. I willlook at my options and renew next month, since you have to pay1 month in advance.

Is this the same Dish N* I see people screeming about here?????????:confused:

Rich Dunklee

NR2D said:
I got a NICE letter from E* that my annual subscripion was expiring in May. No pressure, no hype, No threats. I willlook at my options and renew next month, since you have to pay1 month in advance.

Rich Dunklee

No "Dish N It Up" is a way to lease additional or upgrade to a new receiver.

NR2D said:
Yes, it's the same Dish Network. On Internet forums on various topics, complainers are usually louder than satisfied customers. That's because the satisfied customers are actually enjoying watching TV rather than searching for answers about why something doesn't work right. So in theory, you could have 99.9% satisfied customer base, if the .1% are on here complaining, it looks like E* can't do anything right.

Amen!

I have been with Dish for 5 + years with little or no problems. Of course I don't grab new technology when it first comes out because I don't want to be a beta tester for them. Also, I came from TW cable and just hated it so just about anything is better than that.

I must agree, we don't hear as many good news stories as I would like because I know there are many.

For the most part I am happy with Dish Network, just some of the things they do from time to time have me shaking my head.

I also agree it seems some people just love to complain or see a negative to every positive,
Perhaps we need a good news sticky ! :) Of course it would need to be heavily moderated to keep the "glass half empty" comments under control.
Just a thought.

I also agree, I am really happy with my Dish service and have been since day one. The only beef I have with them is that since I upgraded my 811 to a 211 I'm paying lease fees for 2 receivers. Before I upgraded I was only paying for one, but I am working with them on this.

gbjbany said:
I also agree it seems some people just love to complain or see a negative to every positive,
Perhaps we need a good news sticky ! :) Of course it would need to be heavily moderated to keep the "glass half empty" comments under control.
Just a thought.

You rang?:D

Shout it out again, Brother Pepper!

Anyone thinking ill of E*, go look at your Cableco. Most seem truly awful.

Hey, I like my DISH Network as well. I voice my pleasure by sending them a check every month. That's how consumer voices are heard in corporate America. Complain like heck when you don't like something while keeping quiet when you like it. Evil, ain't it?

I too am very happy with E*. Not that they are perfect, but all things considered, I think they are the best of the lot. They seem to give you a bit more content for a few less dollars.

Most folks just enjoy their service and don't post unless there is some problem.

Just my two cents.

---Doug

I had to switch to Comcast last year after having E* since 96 when I moved, only because I could not get a line of site to the E* satellite's. If it were totally up to me and I could get line of site to the satellite's where I now live, I would go back to E* for TV and just keep Comcast basic and Internet or go dsl for Internet in a hart beat. I had very few if any problems dealing with E* and still prefer them over cable or Even D*. I like the programing package choices from E* and I like the 2-tuner 2 output receivers from E*. My only reservations of someday going back to E* is that eventually I hope to break down and get a HDTV. I think that the$20/mo premium for the HD bundling packages is a little steep and makes me a little squeamish. The one advantage with Comcast, once I upgrade my TV to HD, I can get all the HD basic channels that Comcast has for no additional monthly cost since the DVR I have with them is already HD. However beyond the local HD channels and a couple of premium HD channels that E* does not have, Comcast only has TNT-HD, INHD, INHD2, Discovery-HDT and ESPN-HD, thats it. Even though E* cost more then Comcast when you add HD and the Internet bundle, E* has more National HD channels over all and I probably could get the HD locals ota.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts