level / quality ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Alec

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
Im new to FTA, have recieved Pansat 2700a, manual somewhat brief. Ive been doing searches on LNBs and Quality. What is the Level meter next to the Quality meter ? What does Level mean or represent ? Ive seen level at 70% while quality at 60% , or , level at 99% while quality at 0%. Have located AMC4 with 1.2m dish at So. E. Alaska. Thanks

Welcome, and congrats on finding AMC4. From what I have gathered the level means next to nothing, quality is everything. I too was getting high percentages back on level, but nothing on quality until I nailed the first sat. (New at this myself) By the way, I have the Fortec Start Ultra Lifetime, and once I figured it out, have had good results with it so far.

Rick

Rick is right, it means very little at all at this level. Quality is an interpretation by your receiver of the integrity of the signal. As the receiver collects signal information/data the quality meter will display a reading that reflects the reception of good data versus corrupted data. I never even look at signal strength any more.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)