LG Dual Player Shipping?

RobbinM

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Engagethd.com has reported that the LG BH100 has been seen at a few CompUSA stores.

I just ordered one from BestBuy.com. They estimate an arrival date of 1/24/07. We will see!

I don't know why anyone would want one of these bastard players. It's really just a Blu-Ray player.

You're going to miss out on the best parts of HD DVD with this player. No In Movie Experience, U-Control, etc... Hopefully it will atleast support the pop-up menu system.

-John

I suggest you be very familiar with their return policy.

I suggest you be very familiar with their return policy.

Yes I am! If the LG doesn't provide enough HD-DVD support, I'll return it. Assuming that it really ships as promised, of course.

If the player provides enough menu support to play the movie, see chapters, and turn on extra features such as documententaries and commentaries, I'll be happy enough.

In the meantime I'll have a single box that will let me ride out the format war. If Blu-ray wins, I'm set. If HD-DVD wins, I'll buy a new HD-DVD player (I'll sell my current Toshiba if I keep the LG box) at the by then low prices.

The menu for the HD-DVD movies will be drive by the BD-Java controls when they are implemented sometime in the next three months. From what I have read all the menus for the HD-DVD playback are generated soley by the LG player.

Shipping!

Well, Best Buy does seem to really have some. Mine just shipped. It should be here early next week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts