LG may end Blu-Ray/HD-DVD war with Dual Player at CES!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If all of the studios adopted the TotalHD disc format, then consumers would be given a choice as to what hardware they prefer. If LG makes the pricing attractive on their dualplayers though, I'll bet that will be the kicker. It will then be a battle of which releases are better, the BD disc or the HD-DVD? Then IME and BD's Java will go head to head along with all the other features.

What do you think would happen though if you had one of these LG dual-players and inserted a TotalHD disc? Would it detect the BD or HDDVD version first? Would it play one by default because of its checking mechanism?

Do you mean Total HD? True HD is the lossless sound from dolby. I believe that both HD DVD and Blueray would be on the same side of the disc.

That is what I meant. This is the problem with trying to respond to a post while the wife is talking to you.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts