Liability Waiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ciaraco

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 6, 2004
Akron,Ohio
Anybody have a waiver or something for Apartment renters to sign in lieu of landlord permission. Something that makes the tenant responsible for landlord permission and releases the installer. I did a job and the renter claimed to have permission and did not. I just want them to be able to sign off for the install. All our installs meet NEC specs. Thanks...

I have typed up a form in the following matter.

I______________ residing at (address) have given permission to the installer (tech name or company name) to complete work for the installation of cabling and all necessary equipment that I requested. I acknowledge that I (customers name) as a tenant, assume all liability and responsibility for this installation. Whether a renter/leased tenant or a homeowner, I am aware that I have released the installer, service providing company and all of their affiliates from any and all liability. I have been fully advised and understand the installation process.
(Before starting the install)
Authorization to proceed. (customers name & date)
(after completion of install)
I am completely satisfied with my install (Customers name and date)

Not sure if it will hold up in court, never had to try, but it should cover you butt if needed. Get a witness signature also if possible.

If he has exclusive area of his deck/patio, the FCC rule is his OK. He is allowed to put a dish (or 2) up if he has exclusive use of his patio/deck :)

Thanks Wobbie, That's perfect. I tweaked it to suit my needs and my Lawyer says it should hold up in court. I just want to protect my but from hungry slumlords who prey on this type of thing, you know the kind, where the sat system is the nicest part of the whole rental property...

You welcome, also puts a stop to the people who "say" they have permission or have a have a hand written note, in most cases from a friend also the "unwilling spouse" if you know what I mean. I've been asked to come back another time when I've "presented" the release of liability form.

A renter can sign anything he wants but if things go bad you are screwed.

It really doesn't matter of the customer signed off on your install or not, you'll still get dragged into it when the customer has a dispute with your installation with the landlord.

If your simply doing sub-contract work for another dealer, you got nouthing to loose even if you don't get anything signed since you'll get paid for your installation either way.

If your a dealer, wether you have something signed by the customer or not and they disconnect over their dispute, you still loose.

My solution is not to sell to customers in apartments unless they have a signed letter of permission from the landlord or management.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)