License Deactivation

Discussion in 'DishPointer.COM Official Support Forum' started by rjoeng, Aug 5, 2015.

1. rjoeng

rjoeng Topic Starter New Member

Hi. I've seen several prior posts on this subject, and no one seems to have the correct answer. My phone was reset to factory settings before I deactivated my DishPro license. I've tried everything that could be done on my phone itself, but it seems that the license must be deactivated by the DishPointer people. No one answers my emails, just like I've read in prior posts. Is there any help out there at all?

2. Jimbo

Jimbo SatelliteGuys Master Lifetime Supporter

IF it's an Android phone and you originally purchased it on the PlayStore, it should be in your Google Apps.

I unfortunately downloaded mine from the website and it's Not on Google because of it, so when I change phones I lose my access to it. (like currently, I am without it) Its a good app, but I will only pay the $20 once.

3. FTA4PA

FTA4PA Satellite Guys Family Lifetime Supporter

#3 on this page at http://www.dishpointer.com/2009/android-app-released/ says: "When you upgrade your phone or do a factory reset, please deinstall the license first from the settings. This way you can activate the app again on the new phone." Apparently, it is your responsibility to deactivate it and if you don't you are out of luck (unless you manage to get a response from them). :( There should be a way to do this on their end since there are cases where a phone or device simply fails or is damaged and you are unable to deactivate the license.

Jimbo likes this.
  4. stardust3

stardust3 SatelliteGuys Master Pub Member / Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It's a great app but the support has disappeared. I'm in the same boat and will not pay for it again.

5. FTA4PA

Agreed. I have tried half a dozen times in the past week to uninstall the license for this from a device that I found out doesn't have all the sensors needed to run it and everytime I try I get 'server error'. How can you uninstall the license if the server returns an error every time? :(

6. Jimbo

IF, and thats a Big IF at this time, I decide to Buy it again, I would Definitely get it from the PLAY STORE, not the web site like i did originally.
    Never knew it made a difference.

7. stardust3

So you're saying a person wouldn't have this problem thru the play store?

8. Jimbo

Correct ...
    Reason being, when you buy thru Google Play all your apps are in your Google account and when you sync your new phone and sign in to your Google account, they show up.

stardust3 likes this.
  9. stardust3

Thanks Jimbo this is a game changer for me.

10. Jimbo

Had I known this when I got mine several years back, I'd still have it available to me today.

stardust3 likes this.
  11. FTA4PA

This is good info for future buyers. Personally, I don't feel we should have to pay for it twice. They are still selling it on the dishpointer site (where I bought mine) and are not providing proper support to those of us who got it there. :(

Separate names with a comma.

More...