Lightning-caused problems. Where to start?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

papabruski

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 5, 2011
mountain west
A storm moved through last night. I unplugged when I heard it, but may have been too late. Lightning strikes were close based on seconds between flash and thunder. The house shook for at least 6 or 7 seconds.

This morning, the MicroHD would not boot and the green light just blinked about once per second.

I hooked up the AZBox, which boots, but am getting no evidence of signal from the lnb. (C or Ku)

I have a c-band and ku dish with a 22khz splitter. The c-band dish will move with the dish-mover box, but the ku dish won't move via usals/diseqc.

Any suggestions where to start? Where is the weak link likely to be found?

My own thoughts are to remove the splitter and concentrate on one dish at a time.

I do have replacement lnb's and cable. I may have a splitter on hand.

Thanks in advance

FaT Air

HOA Free Zone
Feb 27, 2010
97W 48N
My own thoughts are to remove the splitter and concentrate on one dish at a time.
Yep, can't agree more. Got to 'break it down' into it's simplest form and get that working first. Then add to it.
First step - unplugging the coax to the micro and see if the lights then are normal. if yes: just coa:mad:no lnbf), if OK then add LNBF. (One piece at a time added)
I'd do this one dish at a time. the last thing to add is the 22Khz switch.

papabruski

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 5, 2011
mountain west
As an update:
Both lnb's were fried by the static. I replaced them both and am rescanning the satellites cuz the lnb's show a bit of a difference in frequencies.
Thanks, FaT Air, for the tip on where to start.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts