Likelihood of seeing Turners dropped

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I hope that Charlie, in behalf of the costumer base of people who are in their 50 + age category, will keep the Turner Movie channel. My parents used to watch these movies and I grew to appreciate them as well. There was more emphases on character development. They could not fill in the picture with computerized action. People's attention was drawn to acting and not huge portions of film filled with car chases and crashes.

One of the channels I really enjoy is CNNfn. I like this channel because it has live news very late at night and early morning. WHile other channles repeat the news like Fox News, CNN etc.. CNNfn switches to CNN internationonal. If I am working on some stuff late at night or have insomnia this is always my go to channel.
I am fearful they drop this channel to save costs. It is just a bad situation anyway you look at it. This chat fealt much different than the chat that talked about possibly losing FX.

I have people come up to me and complain that they have to actually pay for commercials, that there are more than there used to be and that since there are advertisements that they should not have to pay anything for the content. I agree with them to an extent and think that they are making ''extra'' money off of the consumers in addition to the advertisement. The money made off of the ads should be more than enough to run the stations and make a nice profit. The networks can do it, I dont see why the other stations can't. The consumers figure that they should have no commercials if they have to pay for the content.

But Dish Net also makes money on the commercials on the so called "Cable" channels. So channels with high ratings can fetch better fees per minute. eg Fox News gets more money in advertising than The Outdoor Channel.
The money Dish makes off commercials does not net a profit but helps subsidize the carriage costs. They will pay $2.20 for ESPN per viewer but will only bring in about $1.00 in advertising per viewer. The rest comes from subscription rates. There is enough padding in the rates when added to the advertising to yield a profit.
The primary function of a station is to sell advertising. The content is really filler. Unless it is a pay station like HBO. This direct model the viewer pays directly for the content with the expectation of no commercials.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts