LIL Stations moving To Echostar X @ 110

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
I felt this deserved its own thread thanks to BrianMis for the info :) This is a tenative list and may be changed at any time. Source for information is http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/locals/EchoXLocalCarriage/index.shtml

MOVING FROM 61.5 TO ECHOSTAR X @ the 110 Degree location

Station Name
Atlanta WATC
Atlanta WPBA
Atlanta WTBS
Atlanta WUVG
Boston WENH
Boston WGBX
Boston WMUR
Boston WUNI
Boston WUTF
Boston WWDP
Boston WYDN
Boston WZMY
Buffalo WNED
Buffalo WNLO
Buffalo WNYB
Chicago WGBO
Chicago WJYS
Chicago WSNS
Chicago WXFT
Chicago WYCC
Chicago WYIN
Cleveland WEAO
Cleveland WQHS
Detroit WADL
Greenville, SC WGGS
Greenville, SC WNTV
Indianapolis WDTI
Indianapolis WHMB
Louisville WBNA
Louisville WKMJ
Memphis WLMT
Minneapolis KAWB
Nashville WHTN
Nashville WJFB
New York City WFTY
New York City WLIW
New York City WLNY
New York City WMBC
New York City WNJB
New York City WNJU
New York City WNYE
New York City WRNN
Orlando WACX
Orlando WBCC
Orlando WCEU
Orlando WLCB
Orlando WOTF
Orlando WTGL
Orlando WVEN
Paducah WTCT
Philadelphia WGTW
Philadelphia WNJS
Philadelphia WTVE
Philadelphia WUVP
Philadelphia WWSI
Philadelphia WYBE
Pittsburgh WPCB
Roanoke WDRL
Roanoke WJPR
St. Louis KNLC
St. Louis WPXS
St. Louis WRBU
Tampa WCLF
Tampa WFTT
Tampa WMOR
Tampa WUSF
Tampa WVEA
Washington DC WFDC
Washington DC WHUT
Washington DC WJAL
Washington DC WNVC
Washington DC WNVT

Stations moving from 148 To ECHOSTARX @ 110

Station Name
Dallas KLDT
Dallas KMPX
Dallas KDTN
Dallas KPXD
Denver KRMT
Denver KCEC
Denver KMAS
Denver KWHD
Denver KBDI
Denver KTFD
Denver KDEN
Denver KPXC
Fresno KNSO
Fresno KGMC
Fresno KTFF
Fresno KNXT
Houston KTMD
Houston KFTH
Houston KAZH
Houston KTBU
Houston KLTJ
Houston KZJL
Las Vegas KINC
Little Rock KVTN
Little Rock KYPX
Little Rock KKAP
Los Angeles KBEH
Los Angeles KHIZ
Los Angeles KVMD
Omaha KYNE
Sacramento KUVS
Sacramento KTFK
Sacramento KTNC
Sacramento KSPX
Salt Lake City KCSG
Salt Lake City KUTH
San Francisco KSTS
San Francisco KTNC
San Francisco KMTP
San Francisco KRCB
San Francisco KTEH
San Francisco KCSM
San Francisco KTLN
San Francisco KTSF
San Francisco KFTY
Santa Barbara KPMR
Seattle KBCB
Seattle KWDK
Seattle KHCV
Seattle KWOG
Sioux Falls KWSD
Sioux Falls KSMN
Spokane KQUP
Spokane KCDT
Tulsa KGEB
Tulsa KWHB
Tulsa KTPX
Tulsa KRSC

Cool and then I guess they won't need to have duplicates of these same stations that are on the 129 sat as well. For instance right now , the same stations that are on 129 sat for the Houston market are on the 148 sat slot as well. Same with the Little Rock stations as well. I guess all sd locals will be on one sat dish and they will use the 129 sat for hd locals instead of mirrors of extra sd channels. This is what we all wondered back when they first put the extra split locals on the 129 satellite. Whether is was technically legal to spread them out over 2 satellites and use one dish like the dish 1000 to pick them all up. Technically the locals would be all on one dish , but it would be not what the Fcc intended when they changed the law requiring all sd locals on one dish. This will put Dish in full compliance with the new Fcc requirement.:D

Atlanta finally moving stations off 61.5, too bad they aren't putting the HD lils on 61.5 instead of 129

I'm confused... I thought they were moving the locals off of 105 -- or are they moving them to 61.5/129?

Jim S. said:
I'm confused... I thought they were moving the locals off of 105 -- or are they moving them to 61.5/129?

They are moving locals off 105. However, the local channels on 61.5 and 148 HAVE to move to one of the main slots to comply with the FCC regulation that a single DISH be able to receive all of a market's SD local channels.

MikeD-C05 said:
This is what we all wondered back when they first put the extra split locals on the 129 satellite. Whether is was technically legal to spread them out over 2 satellites and use one dish like the dish 1000 to pick them all up. Technically the locals would be all on one dish , but it would be not what the Fcc intended when they changed the law requiring all sd locals on one dish. This will put Dish in full compliance with the new Fcc requirement.:D

Mike
Technically Dish is in compliance with the one dish rule. As long as it was on one dish, it was OK.
SD 105 was OK
SD 121 was OK
D1000 was OK

There are some locals spread across both 119 & 110 depending on spot beam location.

But what I thought that the Fcc intended in the true spirt of the law they wrote was to have all your locals confined to one dish , not split over 2 or 3 satellites , even if it is all on satellite dish.

Charlie wanted to only carry the big 4 networks and nothing else origionally when he started LIL. Under the must carry rules that if you carry one station in a dma then all stations in the dma are eligible for must carry, Charlie had to carry all the religious and ethnic channels and other independent channels. So Charlie in order to spite the Fcc must carry rules , relegated all the religious and Mexican channels to the side satellites requiring subs to have 2 sat dishes in order to get all their locals . Dish only would do the second dish install if the customer requested it. The Fcc was angry at Dish doing this because it disenfranchised many spanish and religious subs , and so they forced this one dish solution rule. Dish is following the letter of the law on paper like a lawyer with their one dish solution like the dish 1000 and the super dishes , but that is not what the Fcc intended. They forced this change on Charlie to punish him for thumbing his nose at the Fcc over the must carry rules.

Either way when Dish does the Echostar 10 uplinks for All the sd locals on the Dish 500 and on the 110 satellite they will be finally be fufiling both the letter and the spirit of the law the Fcc intended. Let us hope that the Fcc doesn't get a wild hair up their butt to make Dish do the same one dish solution with the hd locals as well. I would like to see both sd and hd for my area ( Beaumont/ Pt. Arthur , Texas) up on the satellite by the decades end.

Last edited:
goaliebob99 said:
I felt this deserved its own thread thanks to BrianMis for the info :) This is a tenative list and may be changed at any time. Source for information is http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/locals/EchoXLocalCarriage/index.shtml

MOVING FROM 61.5 TO ECHOSTAR X @ the 110 Degree location

Station Name
Atlanta WATC
Atlanta WPBA
Atlanta WTBS
Atlanta WUVG
Boston WENH
Boston WGBX
Boston WMUR
Boston WUNI
Boston WUTF
Boston WWDP
Boston WYDN
Boston WZMY
Buffalo WNED
Buffalo WNLO
Buffalo WNYB
Chicago WGBO
Chicago WJYS
Chicago WSNS
Chicago WXFT
Chicago WYCC
Chicago WYIN
Cleveland WEAO
Cleveland WQHS
Detroit WADL
Greenville, SC WGGS
Greenville, SC WNTV
Indianapolis WDTI
Indianapolis WHMB
Louisville WBNA
Louisville WKMJ
Memphis WLMT
Minneapolis KAWB
Nashville WHTN
Nashville WJFB
New York City WFTY
New York City WLIW
New York City WLNY
New York City WMBC
New York City WNJB
New York City WNJU
New York City WNYE
New York City WRNN
Orlando WACX
Orlando WBCC
Orlando WCEU
Orlando WLCB
Orlando WOTF
Orlando WTGL
Orlando WVEN
Paducah WTCT
Philadelphia WGTW
Philadelphia WNJS
Philadelphia WTVE
Philadelphia WUVP
Philadelphia WWSI
Philadelphia WYBE
Pittsburgh WPCB
Roanoke WDRL
Roanoke WJPR
St. Louis KNLC
St. Louis WPXS
St. Louis WRBU
Tampa WCLF
Tampa WFTT
Tampa WMOR
Tampa WUSF
Tampa WVEA
Washington DC WFDC
Washington DC WHUT
Washington DC WJAL
Washington DC WNVC
Washington DC WNVT

Will any of the LIL's on SD 121 or 105 be moved from those slots to the 110?

what is the reason for dish moving the locals off 105? What will they be doing with 105 once the locals are off? Hasn't dish got a long term lease with SES americon for the 105 slot?

What next?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I realize that this should go into another thread, but, as long as I'm here I'll ask. What will the people who put up a 61.5 satellite dish have on that satellite when the new Mpeg-4 standard goes into effect. Will it still mirror 129? Or will I have to get a Dish-1000 to get the new channels. I need some more confirmation on this. It's probably because I get up this early in the morning to get ready for work that I get so paranoid, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks for the response:

Lyle

BrettTRay said:
what is the reason for dish moving the locals off 105? What will they be doing with 105 once the locals are off? Hasn't dish got a long term lease with SES americon for the 105 slot?
To put it simply..to get rid of superdish for non international customers...
I have a friend that lives in a 121SD dma..I can tell you that there is a conspicuous absence of Dish customers in that area. Most sat custs are DTV ..DTV offers locals on their 3 sat dish which is much smaller than SD...in fact the 3 sat DTV dish is about the same size and shape as the D-1000 antenna Dish came out with..Ironic isn't it?
i lost an install last Sat because the cust didn't want the larger antenna on his roof..I didn't have a viable ground mount location..He just said, he would stick with what he had..DTV...He had locals out of the Greensboro,NC DMA...On an 18" dish....
IMO Dish can't get rid of the SD monster quick enough

The main reason they are moving locals off 105, besides what dishcomm said, is that they lease 105. So they want to get rid of that as soon as possible :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)