Line of sight issues need to erect a mast or tower...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Velvet Elvis

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
lAND OF cHEESEHEADS
am in zip code 54104 northeastern wisconsin. and have line of sight issues at new house because of trees. I am contemplating erecting a bracketed tower or some type of mast to get above trees. only like 25 feet or so. I currently have dish network and have been pleased with service but not the price. 24.99 for first year and like 110 ever since. My contract is up and my hunch is to switch to D*

I wish to have the best picture quality possible. I need suggestions on towers or mast, need to know which satellites direct tv use in my location, and dish network. My last house had line of sight issues and was pointing at other arc, minus hd locals. signal strength is only 39 and 41 110-119.Vip722k

I am not happy with current picture quality. I assume its signal strength and other arc related? I have a brand new vizio xvt series and my hd channels are blurry not crisp. I am a former time warner installer and all fittings and connections are legit. I only have three weeks left in current house and do not feel like making a service call to peak dish.

As of now I would like to try D* but the horror stories on the net scare me. But I am an HD junky and want the best.

whats best way to mount dish higher? what birds do each company point at so I can properly set up dishpointer? I like having new gadgets and I have been pretty unhappy with Dish 722k hddvr. recording shows is not as loaded with options as my old time warner or uverse. D* new boxes look cooler and seem like they would be more advanced. Please help. I will repost my dishpointer once I learn which birds to point at.

you should have 129 on your set up for HD channels . Many clame PQ on dish is lower then direct i would have to say that is true on some channels. With direct hd comes off KA band and is verry picky with weather. If you hd goes out on dtv you can watch sd programing as it comes off the ku side. With dish all programing comes off ku sats and have more give then ka as ku is a wider band . Signal shown on dish boxes is Half of the real quality so that 40% is actuly 80% in ture standards.

If you 100% sure trees are going to be an issue you can get a tripod as shown in pic but your standard directv tech will not installit and would require a local retailer for all you needs. I would not recoment it for directv as any wind your hd will be gone .

5712.jpg

...strength is only 39 and 41 110-119.Vip722k...and my hd channels are blurry not crisp...I am an HD junky and want the best...
IIRC, there's very few HD channels on 110/119, so it's no wonder why your channels are fuzzy. Most of the HD is on 129, and looks pretty darn decent, IMHO.

dahenny said:
IIRC, there's very few HD channels on 110/119, so it's no wonder why your channels are fuzzy. Most of the HD is on 129, and looks pretty darn decent, IMHO.

Yeah, and a low signal strength isn't going to make your picture fuzzy, its all or nothing. A lower ss will cause pixelation in weather, but not fuzziness. And as dahenny said you need 129.

am in zip code 54104 northeastern wisconsin. and have line of sight issues at new house because of trees. I am contemplating erecting a bracketed tower or some type of mast to get above trees. only like 25 feet or so. I currently have dish network and have been pleased with service but not the price. 24.99 for first year and like 110 ever since. My contract is up and my hunch is to switch to D*

I know it's off topic, but I'm just curious. How did your price jump from $24.99 to $110 in one year?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)