Line of sight question

nockam

Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
I have never had satelite before and I just moved to a new apartment complex where i can only have satelite on my balcony. I can only see north, East, and a little bit South East. I bet i can only see 0 - 110 degrees. Does anyone know if Direct TV or Dish network will work with that line of sight? Anyone I talk to on the phone pretty much hangs up on me as soon as i tell them i cannot see southwest.

I have never had satelite before and I just moved to a new apartment complex where i can only have satelite on my balcony. I can only see north, East, and a little bit South East. I bet i can only see 0 - 110 degrees. Does anyone know if Direct TV or Dish network will work with that line of sight? Anyone I talk to on the phone pretty much hangs up on me as soon as i tell them i cannot see southwest.

Dish has a lot of core programing on 119° while DirecTV has mostly locals on 119°
DirecTV USA on
DirecTV 7S at 119.0°W - LyngSat

DrecTV
101°, 110°, 119° and for HD 99°, 103°
DISH
110°, 119° and for HD 61.5° or 129°,

Go to Google Earth and find the exact longitude and latitude of the balcony and then use
DishPointer.com - Satellite Dish Pointer / Alignment Calculator with Google Maps
to check out you Line-Of-Sight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts