OTHER Linkbox 9000I Local Satellite Update

T95KPRO

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 2, 2018
Canada
Today I send a e-mail to Tech from Linbox... I ask :

Hello, i'm the owner of a Linbox 9000I Local. I want to know if they have a file to Update the satellites list? Somes are out to date...Thks to repply.

The Tech said: Hi,

We have no plan to update the list due to factory engineer have more interest in other project.
Regards,
Tech

In fact, I do satellite scan today,and somes satellites are not update or not present in the sat list. Any Idea? For me it's the last time buy a LINKBOX (pansat) product!
grr.gif

You don't need an engineer to update a satellite list. Download AliEditor and update the satellite list to your personal preferences.

Save the current list to a USB thumb drive, modify the list and load back to the STB. Should only take 10-20 minutes to update or customize the Satellite list.

Reactions: T95KPRO and KE4EST
You don't need an engineer to update a satellite list. Download AliEditor and update the satellite list to your personal preferences.

Save the current list to a USB thumb drive, modify the list and load back to the STB. Should only take 10-20 minutes to update or customize the Satellite list.
I have tried using the Ali Editor 4 times on 3 different computers. I put my Linkbox into the dreaded bootloop all 4 times. I now only edit my sat list using the remote.

What format was the file saved? What format was selected for the STB upload?

Ali SOC allows several options and it seems that each STB developer used a different file type to manage user data or to apply as the default list. Be sure to follow the step by step instruction provided by a distributor for their specific model or version. For example: AliEditor versions, file types and upload processes were vastly different between the Linkbox, Manhattan, Amiko, Openbox and GeoSatpro even though all STBs at one time used the same Chipset.

I have had the best results from uploading as user data then using the STB to save user data file as the default.

Boot looping ALI STBs typically occurs when firmware memory blocks are overwritten with incorrect firmware or user data. This could be the result of incompatible versions of editor, uploading blank or incompatible default parameters or unsupported file types.

Unlikely to be associated with the computer, drivers or OS unless one is attempting to transfer via serial com cables rather than a USB read/write.

Reactions: norman881
What format was the file saved? What format was selected for the STB upload?

Ali SOC allows several options and it seems that each STB developer used a different file type to manage user data or to apply as the default list. Be sure to follow the step by step instruction provided by a distributor for their specific model or version. For example: AliEditor versions, file types and upload processes were vastly different between the Linkbox, Manhattan, Amiko, Openbox and GeoSatpro even though all STBs at one time used the same Chipset.

I have had the best results from uploading as user data then using the STB to save user data file as the default.

Boot looping ALI STBs typically occurs when firmware memory blocks are overwritten with incorrect firmware or user data. This could be the result of incompatible versions of editor, uploading blank or incompatible default parameters or unsupported file types.

Unlikely to be associated with the computer, drivers or OS unless one is attempting to transfer via serial com cables rather than a USB read/write.
Brian, there is only 1 9000i AliEditor on the Linkbox website, so I "assume" it must be the correct version. I will try using the AliEditor again this weekend and report back. Thanks for the additional information for the causes of the bootloops. :)

Reactions: Titanium

I try with Ali Editor, and when i re-load it,the receiver freeze an Jamm to ON,on,On,on....After this I read about how to bring back to life the Linkbox. I follow the procedure on the Linkbox web site. When the receiver come back to life, I make my one satellite list (Ku Band) only. I re-send the full bin in the receiver and voila,he was up again with a new sat lits. And where i can upload my file in the forum for they other member want to use it? Thks.

I have tried using the Ali Editor 4 times on 3 different computers. I put my Linkbox into the dreaded bootloop all 4 times. I now only edit my sat list using the remote.

I have the same trouble then you,before i understand why the IRD do this...I Update the Original Bin (V160). Now he run with my own sat list. And I don't need to do this with the remote.

Reactions: norman881
I've read through this thread 3 times and I don't see a solution to the boot loop problem. Since I can't get a display on the TV I tried reflashing the firmware from the serial port but still have the boot loop problem. Yes, I'm using the ALi editor for the 9000i. I tried calling linkbox for help but no one answers the phone.

Have you tried calling Casey over at HyperMegaSat?

I got it working by doing the ERomUpgrade but I'm still having trouble editing the channel list with the ALi editor. After making changes and uploading the new channel list the unit goes into a bootloop. Reflashing the erom again got the box working again. The remote for this STB doesn't work either - I replaced the remote and it still doesn't work. I have to operate the receiver from the front panel which is of limited abilities. I have to say that a lot of electronics aren't fault tolerant. My ASC-1 has a limits issue but I'm not going to spend anymore time on it. My Samsung phone had a recent firmware update and now it's doing flaky stuff. My new monitor for my computer isn't working properly either. I'd like to get a new STB for the C-band dish but the junk that's being produced makes me wonder why I should buy any of it. Frustrating.......

I got it to work but it was like slinging cow manure at a running fan:shh. It was hit and miss all day long. I noticed that the ALI editor executable file that is included on the 9000i zip file was last updated in 2011 so I thought that maybe the ALI Editor might have worked with an earlier firmware version.

Before I go any further I’m wondering why the ALI update predates the release of the 9000i by a few years unless it was available elsewhere before the USA?

The oldest firmware I could get was V111. I also downloaded the ALI Editor for the 8000. Somewhere along along the line I hit the right combination to make it work. But then I noticed that I missed a few things that I wanted to fix, and then it didn’t work. And then after monkeying around it did. Before anyone asks I don’t know what the right combination is, and I really think it’s a moving target.

So not only have I become very good at Erom’ing the box, I learned to make SEVERAL copies of the backup file and scatter them all over the place.

In spite of the IPTV side of it, I thinks it's a decent box. I just wish that when the menu is called up to do a search it would automatically show the satellite you're on.