Lip Sync, I give up!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rplenty

Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
When my 2 years are up later this year I am going to a different service, the reason is the lip sync on my HD DVR is constantly out. It is not my setup since every other source is right on. It's sad that Directv could not fix this issue in almost 2 years. I would stronglyrecommend against directv because of this.

I haven't seen the audio/video sync problem for at least 6 months with my HR20-100. Which model DVR do you have? Do you have the sync problem with all channels or just a few? Are they from the satellite or OTA. Is this a recent situation?

I am sorry but I don't believe that they have not taking care of this problem in 2 years.

Did you have a tech come out and look it over?

I've been a tech for 25 years.. And if I got a call for a lip synch issue I would wonder why I got the call.. Nothing I can do about lip synch issues. Now if the issue is caused by synch issues of an AV receiver inline then maybe there would be something I could do, if the AV receivers has anything in it to resynch.. But between the Sat Receiver and the TV there isn't much I can do..

Both Dish and DirecTV have had lip synch issues since HD began. Sometimes it's better than others and sometimes it's pretty bad.. Some channels and not others so the actual problem may be with the channel provider. It's just hard to say who to place the blame.. But a tech in the field isn't going to be able to do much to fix it..

I also have sync issues with my HD DVR and also the sound is LOTS quieter on HD channels than SD channels. This started about 2-3 updates ago.

I also have sync issues with my HD DVR and also the sound is LOTS quieter on HD channels than SD channels. This started about 2-3 updates ago.

I have similar issues, sync is rare but one of my SD locals distorts the speakers unless i put it one "notch" above zero volume.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)