Lip sync problems on TNT last night

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
During the NBA pre-game show the lip sync problem was terrible. I tried some other HD channels & it seemed to be ok except for Discovery which may have been off just a fraction.

I have noticed this too. Last night on Fox News I saw it as well and a little bit on comcast Chicago-I think this is a Dish problem. It is irritating but hopefully Dish can fix this. It's like when you watch a football game and you have the radio on the radio is always about 30 seconds ahead-Max.

I have noticed this too. Last night on Fox News I saw it as well and a little bit on comcast Chicago-I think this is a Dish problem. It is irritating but hopefully Dish can fix this. It's like when you watch a football game and you have the radio on the radio is always about 30 seconds ahead-Max.

I think the radio vs. tv delay is intentional for potential censoring issues; at least that is part of the issue there.

I think the radio vs. tv delay is intentional for potential censoring issues; at least that is part of the issue there.
The radio difference is that the radio is transmitted directly to your radio. It doesnt go up in the sky to a satellite and back down. In my area, the radio is only ahead about 8 seconds, nowhere near 30.
just found that They do sell a radio that you can use to have the audio from the radio match the tv
http://www.sportsyncradio.com/

The radio difference is that the radio is transmitted directly to your radio. It doesnt go up in the sky to a satellite and back down. In my area, the radio is only ahead about 8 seconds, nowhere near 30.
just found that They do sell a radio that you can use to have the audio from the radio match the tv
Welcome to SportSync - The AM/FM Radio With Sports Audio Delay!

That's a pretty cool radio find, especially if you want to listen to your homers cheer/call the game; or if John Madden is on. Good lord, then man has been on tv forever.... Although if you have a DVR, I imagine you could time a pause so that when you hit play, all will be kosher and synced.

Nevertheless, I am still fairly confident that besides the bouncing around of a signal, live tv feeds are also delayed intentionally to allow for a quick censor here or there (think nipple slip; actually, I believe as a result of said slip).

As for the radio thing, I have a question. Radio signals come from broadcast towers, but the radio play by play guys are in the booth. How does the signal get back to the station? Radio or satellite? Direct line?

Not sure about the big boys but most broadcasts go over phone lines on college level. I do know that I hooked up XM so as to listen to local radio announcers for my local college team instead of tv ones. I had to slow down the dish dvr about 9 or 10 seconds to be even with the XM satellite radio broadcast.

I've seen this problem on many channels, including the [local] major stations. In fact earlier this evening NBC (WCAU in Philly) was terrible. :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)