List of ZK/FK Channels you can get with MapMaster?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have noticed that the original querry of this thread has never really been answered in terms of what can one get by spending the $68 on Mapmaster that one was unable to get before.

When Motorola shut down the NAS (National Authorization Service) for TVRO the only choice for programming left was with HITS (Comcast media center). A lot of people had to do a MR (Master Reset) to receive HITS which caused them to lose the generic satellites. Thus they could no longer find ITC channels and perhaps lost the ability to use 4dtv as a dish mover.

So MM will bring back the generic satellites and also allow you to make a nice dish mover.

Vm ware and the make different versions of VM for different os. The easiest way as mentioned is to get a old PC with windows to do programming. I have a PC dedicated to radio and satellite programming. The older PC's still have a serial port even though you will need USB for 4DTV receiver . Garage sales and thrift stores etc is a good source.

I have noticed that the original querry of this thread has never really been answered in terms of what can one get by spending the $68 on Mapmaster that one was unable to get before.

I hope this has been answered for you but to follow up just a bit more.

I have several 4D receivers that now are being used as full dish movers once more.
I have updated satellite tile id's that reflect the truer identity of the satellites then before. I have S2 for SES-2 and even S3 for when SES 3 takes over at the AMC-1 slot later this year. S1 for SES-1 and a better naming of the anik sat tiles that is better conforming then before. Also there was a lot of effort to map in every known part time analog channel that is still up there. (Now if you have a sub to H2H and have the guide turned on you will see exactly where those part time analog channels are using the guide button. So even if you have a receiver with a dead unit id number and can not receive those DC2 channels any longer you still have a great dish mover and newer sat tiles in it to move your dish so for $68.00 that is still cheaper then buying a new receiver someplace else.

Now people will always ask what is FTA, well FTA comes and goes so what I saw yesterday may not be the same tomorrow and the next day may bring in something totally different. It is just asking alot to say what all is FTA up there as it can go away tomorrow or before it is posted then maybe not....
Part of the fun in this hobby is having that capability of seeing for oneself what is out there.
Sort of like those with an Azbox being able to view 4:2:2 signals and other FTA dvb receivers do not have that capability, even if they are not in the majority.

So now people can bring back their receivers and have loads of fun with them once more and part of what was done which GI/Motorola never did was to place select guide info on at least on channel for each satellite tile in the receiver. This makes that one big button on the remote so useful once more and people are no longer afraid of hitting that button and waiting and waiting for the receiver to see something... However you do need a subscription for that to work. This also helps the only place that was trying to help out those with a 4DTV to keep something alive for them up there.
** don't quote me on this as I only heard this from 1 person but H2H may sell you the guide only ... I don't know this first-hand as being true...**

$68 is less then approx $200 to send it to MM and takes 2 months for turnaround. I found out my receiver sent to mm still has a month before return. The problem now is receivers are used and do not know what the battery condition is ? If you only want to move a BUD with a DVB receiver get a V Box 7 satellite dish mover. I requires [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DiSEqC 1.0 /1.2 Receiver [/FONT] in case your 4DTV stops moving BUD.

$68 is less then approx $200 to send it to MM and takes 2 months for turnaround. I found out my receiver sent to mm still has a month before return. The problem now is receivers are used and do not know what the battery condition is ? If you only want to move a BUD with a DVB receiver get a V Box 7 satellite dish mover. I requires [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DiSEqC 1.0 /1.2 Receiver [/FONT] in case your 4DTV stops moving BUD.

And you could have gone thru ATS Electronics and they would have fixed you right up and you would have had your receiver back already for a whole lot less $$$.

If it was me I would be demanding the receiver back and the money, minus the shipping of course, and cutting your losses and doing the maps yourself if you had the equipment to do it.
If you had a battery replaced in it recently then the battery "Should" be ok.

There is no reason a receiver needing only maps should take so long as it takes less then 10 minutes to complete the task from start to finish.

4DTV Channels with New Motorola Maps

Here is a list of open channels I found on my DSR920 with the new maps. Hope it helps you in finding satellites and gives an indication of some of whats up there :)

By turning on autofilter, you can select the satellite and see the channels that are available.

This list was generated on 29-30 of June 2012.

Attachments

• 4DTV_Channels_New_Maps.xls
    48.5 KB · Views: 298
How can I get the Map Master program, and what is it I have to buy for $68 dollars and where? Now that I have replaced the battery on my 620, and am close to having the 12 foot dish set up I would like to have everything I need for programing the new map as soon as possible.

No dont pay for it, Map Master is FREE...

You do however have to buy the BDM adapter, which is 68 bucks delivered. The MapMaster program is free though... and works quite well. All one has to do is read read and read the directions before the first time. After that, it's a breeze. Just don't get too lax or in a hurry. :)

Cheers

EDIT; BTW, there's a link to the place that sells the BDM adapter in the MMR instructions.

I have had several pm's asking about sending my DSR920 to GlenTech Enterprises for mapping. My unit had a new battery and VC2 cage removed before shipping and still took 3 months to receive back. When I powered up was BRICKED on X4 satellite and all satellites had a 500 location. Connected a extra jack motor to receiver and reset limits and programmed satellites. My old position #'s were recorded on a chart. For the money expected to work out of the box. Was used to the Free mapping by Motorola that set the satellite position #'s automatically.
I was told by Glen in the future that turn around time should be less ? If you send a receiver to him and it is your only unit record the limits and satellite positions before removing receiver. Expect it will be gone for a long time and calling will not help as he gets work done at his own speed but realize he is honest and you will get receiver back some day.
Final note: The repair cost would have been less but he billed me for UPS on return. I shipped to him by USPS and was $20 less then UPS and got there ok. I discussed shipping by USPS but was told he only used UPS.

Not defending Glen by any means but your unit was not "bricked".It's just as if you had done a Master Reset,the memory was cleared and reset back to factory "new",only with the Mapmaster maps.So I would expect to have to redo all the sats and positions.As far as the rest of the story,no comment.:D

I am not saying that Glen is bad only saying that he is really SLOW. Wanted others to know that they need to save dish settings before shipping. Still do not know totally what I have ? Lyngsat is not up to date and having problems locating satellites. I think from a consumer standpoint coming to end of 4DTV. Use my 4DTV to drive a DVB receiver.
I am not advocating or promoting a hack but that would help keep receivers alive. Lots of channels but few accessible. I have payed for discovery package and can not get travel and animal planet. HBO will not sell. Remember the VC2 module that is what sold them. Dish and Direct has won.

I continue to locate satellites and add their positions into my DSR920 and the project is almost completed. Most are in the western part of the belt. Have found some surprises due to the lack of channel doc. What is unfortunate is the channels that want to buy but can not. I am glad 100 times over that I have a HD DVB receiver connected to BUD.

I wouldn't trust Glen to tie my shoe.

There is a big reason why he is banned from places like Ricks, Fridge, the 4dtv forums and others.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

To be honest if you don't have one now then its not worth getting one. However if you do have one sitting there you can bring it back to life with limited channels.

The ZK stuff changes all the time, one moment you will get a channel then next day or a few hours later its gone.

For a list of stuff you can subscribe to with a 4DTV check out http://www.skyvision.com/programming/dsr410pack.html it should also be noted that there is no HD programming available via the 4DTV.

Still do not know totally what I have ? Lyngsat is not up to date and having problems locating satellites.

You should have read this post:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/285902-A-note-on-Map-Master
There is so much info there and a sat position document with the correct sat tile names and degrees they are at.

You made a mistake by sending your receiver to a crooked scam artist, you would have done much better by using ATS Electronics.

Replacing maps only take less then 20 minutes from putting the receiver on the bench to taking off the top and installing the ribbon cable out the front card slot area, setting up the map restoration program and sending the maps to your receiver.
So from start to finish it is no more then 20 minutes and that is if you take your time doing it.
The very first time one does this I try telling them to take their time and not rush anything. It is better to take a few more minutes till you get used to things.

Many ask what is up there FTA, the answer is there are many DC2 channels FTA and from time to time several different ones open up for short periods of time.
Because it is FTA it is not always 24/7 that a channel will be opened up.

This weekend Disney and Family East were FTA as were the Discovery channels.
HBO/Cinemax was supposed to have a FTA weekend but the master channels in DC2 were not opened up as planned.
There are many different Spanish channel open as are several religious channels are FTA .
If your looking for Free cable premium channels then the answer is no they are encrypted mostly and only go FTA from time to time.
I've seen H2H completely opened up (all channels) twice so far for 2 days straight. But usually only for short periods of time.
What is unique about these receivers is that they also can pick up those part time analog signals that do appear up there as well as DC2 channels. Then slave a DVB FTA receiver off the 4d since the 4d does make an excellent dish mover and you have more then you can watch.

With the new guide information found, if the receiver has the guide turned on you now can have your receiver set up for your personal guide info with many different channels available for the guide.
for instance.... I have W5-02 set up with guide data for NBC W5-03 for ABC then there are others like TNT, TBS, USA and many many others that I have in there now and if I want to know what is on at any given time I just press the guide button and it all shows up on my tv now. Makes Titan TV from the internet a thing of the past for me now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)