Lithium batteries for remotes

Beckhamfam

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
Floyds Knobs IN
Just wanted to pass this information on to everybody. If you have trouble getting TV 2 remote to work, try using Lithium batteries. They are a lot stronger and fixed my problem of having to press buttons several times and point the remote in different directions. Now it works everytime. I realize these batteries are more expensive but it solved the problem.

Another note is try different frequencies. I have noticed certain numbers work much better than others for my house.

Other tricks include:

Moving the antenna by putting it on the end of a cable so the antenna gets out of cabinet filled with interfering electronics

using an UHF amplifier

I think the best method, is to relocate the antenna from the back of the receiver to where TV 2 is located using two splitters, I use this a lot at my installs. Even if the remote works fine, I sometimes still relocate the antenna, just to remove any chance the remote won't send a strong enough signal.

i combined my uhf remote antenna ouput with my ota input and diplexed it outside to my OTA. works great now. best part is, i use a wireless speaker i can take outside for serius/xm and lose frequency on the wireless speaker before my remote does. and my wireless speaker is at 5.4ghz

Another very fast and easy solution is to open the battery compartment and look for an A/B switch. Switch it to "B" and record the new remote address in the system info screen. I agree with Jimmer about his solution being the best.

Not all remotes have this A/B switch, but almost every time I have flipped this switch, it has solved the range problem.

i combined my uhf remote antenna ouput with my ota input and diplexed it outside to my OTA. works great now. best part is, i use a wireless speaker i can take outside for serius/xm and lose frequency on the wireless speaker before my remote does. and my wireless speaker is at 5.4ghz

Can you post a diagram of this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)