Little help - Hopper, SJ and 2ea WJ Motorhome Install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BrewMeister

Original poster
Feb 8, 2005
Pennsylvania
Hello all,

I had installed in my home last October by a dish technician, a Hopper with Sling, a Super Joey and two wireless Joeys.

My plan is as we long term travel in our motorhome(MH), that I can move all four components into the MH.

To accomplish that I've purchased a Winegard Trav'ler , and acquire an integrator and node. So the while the technician was here I asked him what exactly I need to have, together we created this wiring diagram.

dsih_setup.jpg

Since then I've been wondering if I need a MOCA cable from the SJ to the HOPPER? Or is that not required? Or if there is a more efficient means of connecting the components.

Any suggestions or corrections are welcome.

TIA
TIm

Hello all,

I had installed in my home last October by a dish technician, a Hopper with Sling, a Super Joey and two wireless Joeys.

My plan is as we long term travel in our motorhome(MH), that I can move all four components into the MH.

To accomplish that I've purchased a Winegard Trav'ler , and acquire an integrator and node. So the while the technician was here I asked him what exactly I need to have, together we created this wiring diagram.

View attachment 106139

Since then I've been wondering if I need a MOCA cable from the SJ to the HOPPER? Or is that not required? Or if there is a more efficient means of connecting the components.

Any suggestions or corrections are welcome.

TIA
TIm
I'm not familiar with the Winegard Trav'ler, but you might want to check it to see if it has three coax connectors. If not it won't work with the super joey. The dish I have on my motorhome is same as a Dish 1000.2 but it only has two coax connectors.

The Winegard Trav'ler has three coax connectors at the base of the dish.

The typical RV installation to to run one coax to the living room area and one coax to the bedroom area.

The challenge is to get the third coax to the LR area.

The traveler, is the equivalent of a 1000.2 WA dish, but is automatic and great!!! It even reports a DPP switch, which is completely different than most other auto dishes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)