Little ugly dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

N6BY

Geek
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 1, 2006
Roseville, CA 121W
My 8.5' Birdview dish was damaged when we had our patio put in, and I had to move it out of the way and put it back. After I put it back it could not receive KU band. It was either the high wind gusts that did it in, or maybe mishandling when it was taken off and put back on the mount.

So I bought a new GeoSatPro 120 cm dish and bolted it to the Birdview motor base. My wife and I think it looks pretty ugly (below). What do you think?
GeosatOnBVMotorBase.jpg

I had to drill some new holes to attach the dish. The washer spacers were necessary because the back of the GeoSatPro mount is not entirely flat

Mount.jpg

I also have an old DMSI SG6100 motor that I would have preferred to use (below), but the tube is slightly loose so there is up and down slop. It makes it impossible to line it up to the satellite arc. I tried to fix it before, but I think I need to try again. My wife is not happy with this ^^^ ugly thing on our new patio!

SG6100.jpg

The GeosatPro dish is now lined up to the arc for KU. But I really miss the 8.5' Birdview that worked great for both KU and C-Band. I will be on the lookout for another dish similar to the BirdView.

If you have to go with a 120cm, that is an excellent dish! I have had one for years and love it!

So paint the mount, and make it pretty again. A nice coat of black paint can do wonders...
Definitely. The rusted old mount is what makes it look ugly. When the 8.5' Birdview was on it the mount was mostly hidden from view.

But the GeosatPro by itself is fine. I think I am going to make another attempt to take the slop out of the SG6100 motor. Its not in the gears. Its the shaft itself that wobbles back and forth.

Yes paint would be the way to go. Makes a nice stable mount for a 120cm dish for sure!

Yes paint would be the way to go. Makes a nice stable mount for a 120cm dish for sure!
Agreed. I am going to get some sandpaper and Rustoleum Black paint.

Also going to get the wobble out of the SG6100 motor and use it with the 120 cm, for which I already have a metal pole concreted into the ground.

But those are the easy tasks. I need to find a replacement dish for C Band to go on the Birdview motor. Am going to hold out for a solid dish that can also work for KU Band.

Reactions: Cham

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts