Live 4K Broadcast on DIRECTV this month!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think there was a problem with the C61K clients. People on EdgeCutter forums were reporting that their C61K's are only outputting 4K@24p which is why the 4K Material from over the weekend looked Juttery to some. On the other hand those of us using RVU had no issues and the video was a buttery smooth 60fps. Seems like they have some kinks to work out overall though.

But I will say some of the Golf coverage looks so darn good, especially when you compared it to the 720p feed that CBS was putting out of the same tournament on their normal channel.

I think there was a problem with the C61K clients. People on EdgeCutter forums were reporting that their C61K's are only outputting 4K@24p which is why the 4K Material from over the weekend looked Juttery to some. On the other hand those of us using RVU had no issues and the video was a buttery smooth 60fps. Seems like they have some kinks to work out overall though.

But I will say some of the Golf coverage looks so darn good, especially when you compared it to the 720p feed that CBS was putting out of the same tournament on their normal channel.

That could have something to do with the HDMI input they were using on their TV. Some only do 4K at 30. They need to find the HDMI input that will do 60. I could be wrong.

That could have something to do with the HDMI input they were using on there TV. Some only do 4K at 30. They need to find the HDMI input that will do 60. I could be wrong.
Except that the C61K test for 4K @ 60 fps compliance from the TV during the setup process at installation and cannot be installed if the TV fails the test.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

That is some pretty half ass planning by their R&D department.
No,it's probably a cost issue. To include the electronics for 4K in every HR54, when only a few people will probably need it, is just too expensive.

They knew it was going to be used for 4K thus the reason why it supports transponder bonding. Which is why I have no idea why they didn't make it to output 4K.

Also looking at the size of the C61K, imagine what including the electronics, heat sinks, and other support needed for 4K would do to the form factor of the HR54?

HR54 would probably be as big as the HR34 and maybe heavier.

Also looking at the size of the C61K, imagine what including the electronics, heat sinks, and other support needed for 4K would do to the form factor of the HR54?

HR54 would probably be as big as the HR34 and maybe heavier.

True as far as we know. Transponder bonding is as I understand mainly software. As I posted, adding the hardware to every HR54 would be expensive, apart from adding to the size.

But CBS is 1080i...

If your local affiliate is 720p, they are down-scaling it at the station and will always look "off."

Accounting to the new information the new 4K requirements are you need HR54 then C61 or RVU tv. Now DirecTV is requiring Ultimate or Premier package. They say Audience Network, channel 104, and 105 will launch sometime later this year.

Yes I would expect this as well as other additions such as ESPNUHD and NASAUHD when they finally do light up the reverse DBS.

They knew it was going to be used for 4K thus the reason why it supports transponder bonding. Which is why I have no idea why they didn't make it to output 4K.

I suspect that it's because they are wanting to implement a server, client type of thing. In the future we may see that the DVR part like the HR54 become server only and put into a media closet or cable closet, and all TV locations have a thin client. It's easier this way and does not require DVR's to be placed all over the house. It would not surprise me to see the video outputs drop off and setup is completed through a web gui.

Basically you have one giant server storing and getting video from every source to man, (Satellite, Internet, ect.) and all of your clients get your video from it to include your smartphone as a client that can access your video outside of the home. The server you wont be charged for but the clients you will.

If I'm reading this right.
If you have two 4K tv's you'll need two clients to get the 4K channels when they become available. The hr54 will be your base which should be connected to a 1080p tv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts