Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Welcome once again to another SatelliteGuys Retailer Chat Recap here at SatelliteGuys.US

The chat is just starting and we will report any news of interest to you the consumer as its reported.

Todays chat is Amir and Jim.

Lots on the Agenda.

Billings
Casper
Twins Falls
Bismarck

Launching before the end of April.

Albiline / Sweetwater Texas will launch on Feb 24th from the 148 Satellite.

New Sirius Promotion, Customer gets $30 mail in rebate if they buy a Dish Network Plug and Play Receiver.

Customer needs to send in the UPC, Recept and ESN number to get the rebate.

Dish will be introducing a new Sirius Radio the SR250. It will include a car and home kit. The 250 will not be available until the SR200 is sold out.

The 942 will come with a free DishPro Plus Seperator included with it. (Thats something I did not know)

Still explaining the 942. :)

Leslie Harper just said that on the 942 only TV One can watch LIVE OTA broadcasts, TV2 can NOT watch LIVE OTA TV!

Thats huge!! (Can someone confirm this?)

I believe that's been reported before. It can watch an OTA that's been recorded to the hard drive (so I guess you can run to the other TV start recording, then run back and start watching).

Wow this box just keeps getting more and more useless everytime I hear about it. Dish should have just put 2 OTA tuners in it to begin with!

Scott Greczkowski said:
Leslie Harper just said that on the 942 only TV One can watch LIVE OTA broadcasts, TV2 can NOT watch LIVE OTA TV!

Thats huge!! (Can someone confirm this?)
It's looking more and more like 811 and 522 taped together with duct tape.

The 721 will still not work with a DishPro Plus Twin LNB with a DPP Seperator. They are still working on the software and hope to have an update on the progress of the 721 software next month.

Jim comments that the 942s abaility to only watch live OTA only on Tuner 1 is "Key"

They are still talking about stuff Leslie mentioned to us earlier.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Wow this box just keeps getting more and more useless everytime I hear about it.

But you will have the opportunity to use it for just $250 down, $5 dollars a month lease, $4.99 a month vod fee, and $9.99 a month hd package. :no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts