Live MLB Baseball on iPhone

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I purchased the MLB AT BAT application for the iPhone at the start of the season for $9.99 and it has been great as I can listen to all home and away games on my iPhone.

Today they started offering a new service LIVE VIDEO from select games.

They are doing 2 games a day and currently airing is the Cubs -vs- The White Sox and it looks very good.

Blackout restrictions do apply, before video starts it checks your GPS to make sure your not in a blackout area.

And all of this at no extra charge.

Just got an e-mail from XM that they now have a free XM app. So if you are an XM sub you can download the app and listen to XM on the iPhone (anything you can get on XM Online)

061709_sxm_hdr_e4.jpg

061709_iphone_e4.jpg

061709_txt_sxm_xm2.gif

Last edited:
Of course, you still need an AT&T signal to make it work; with My-Fi, all you need is a clear sight line to the SW.
True. There is one gym I go to where I cannot get an XM signal but can still get a strong ATT signal (another gym gets a strong signal inside). When I go to that particular gym I will bring the iPhone (yes, I have decided on the iPhone).

Of course I still will not be able to listen to the baseball games through XM on the iPhone since the game channels are not available on-line. I would still need my MyFi for that.

The only reason I still have Dish Network is for Baseball games and news. Between nightly news podcasts on iTunes, and live video on the MLB app, my reasons for keeping a television are running out.

The only reason I still have Dish Network is for Baseball games and news. Between nightly news podcasts on iTunes, and live video on the MLB app, my reasons for keeping a television are running out.
:confused:

If you have a TV service for baseball, why Dish? In fact, just about every other service (except U-Verse) is better for baseball.

Mainly because I follow the Rockies (locally available) and the Red Sox (on National TV every first of the week). Directv packages are major expensive. If I lived out of my local teams market, that'd be a different story.

I'm exaggerating slightly in that there are other shows/channels I watch fairly frequently, Discovery is my most frequent one, and I enjoy the movie channels and the DVR which lets me watch shows on my schedule. But I no longer need Dish for Baseball and news.

I purchased the MLB AT BAT application for the iPhone at the start of the season for $9.99 and it has been great as I can listen to all home and away games on my iPhone.

Today they started offering a new service LIVE VIDEO from select games.

They are doing 2 games a day and currently airing is the Cubs -vs- The White Sox and it looks very good.

Blackout restrictions do apply, before video starts it checks your GPS to make sure your not in a blackout area.

And all of this at no extra charge.
This is a separate purchase from MLB Online, correct? You do not need one to have the other? If you do have the on-line account, is the iPhone AT Bat app still $10?

Still $10.00. You now get two games per day. Also, no worries about XM not streaming MLB. With the app, you get home and away feeds to every game. It is worth the $10.00. I'm surprised that this price is for the entire season. It's not like MLB to be very friendly when it comes to pricing.

Still $10.00. You now get two games per day. Also, no worries about XM not streaming MLB. With the app, you get home and away feeds to every game. It is worth the $10.00. I'm surprised that this price is for the entire season. It's not like MLB to be very friendly when it comes to pricing.

It is VERY MUCH worth the $10. Especially now with video. And you get condensed games of highlights of the end of each at-bat (about 15 minutes worth) so that means you can avoid the Yankees-Red Sox lovefest and the wannabe standup comedians on Sports Center every night. If I had another wish for the app, I'd like to see MLB Network feeds added, and/or XM Home Plate audio for talk.

DO NOT DO THE MLB AT BAT UPDATE!!!

You will lose the ability to WATCH live games. The update makes it so only those with the premium on-line subscription are able to watch the games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts