Live Retailer Chat Recap - December 22, 2005

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Welcome once again to another SatelliteGuys LIVE Retailer Chat update!

This thread will be updated in realtime, so spelling / typing mistakes can and WILL happen. :)

Our new chat room is also open.
http://chat.satelliteguys.us
Or via any IRC client, Server is irc.funnet.org Channel is #satelliteguys

As always we will only report items of interest to you the consumer and will not report any dealer sensitive information.

Happy Holidays!

Ok The chat has started with Jim and Eric Carlson.

They mention that Fox was added in one of the MISSISSIPPI DMA's

We go into PPV Ads...

Talking about free sirius offer for new customers. The offer has been exteneded through Jan 31st. The customer needs to have Dish Network activated by Jan 31st. Must pay $14.95 shipping and handling plus activation fee and 3 months Sirius Service fee to qualify.

There is a form on the Dish Network website which the customer must download and fill out.

Howard Stern WILL not be made available on Sirius on Dish Network.

They are now going through promotions they introduced earlier in december.

Leslie goes over the specs of the 622, almost sounded like she was reading my post with the specs which I posted a few days ago. :)

Leslie says that the 622 will be available "Very Soon"

Lelie talks about the new 6.2 UHF Replacement remote and then tells people they can download the Quick Facts on the 211 / 411 froM Dish. (We have them available here since last week) :D

Leslie sends it back to Jim and Eric.

Jim says the ethernet port on the VIP series wont be used for some time, however sometime in the future they will have a use for it.

Dish Network will be having a "High Stakes Savings" promotion for new customers where a customer who subscribers to AT120 or better get 10 $10 credits.

Thank for posting the recap.

So does the 622 look just like the 942? I assume that's the only model (there is not one without the Ethernet). With the added port, I guess they didn't just swap the video decoder on the 942 motherboard.

We really gotta bug E* to let us use the extra HDD space for our PVR events (make the "VOD" optional).

Looks like a price change is coming, Jim says the costs of programming is going up.

Jim says some of the packages will be changing and he hopes to have a value pakage available with all the premiums.

He also mentions Dish is working on a Family package.

LA, NY, CHI, BOS, ATL will be online within the next 45 days in HD.

LOTS more HD announcements will be made at CES.

BTW I just got a note from VOOM in my inbox about CES.

Here is a line from the letter.

Dear CES Attendee:

As you begin to prepare your schedule for the upcoming Consumer Electronics Show, wanted you to make you aware that VOOM HD Networks, television's largest suite of high definition channels, will be making several major announcements at the show. The general manager of the networks, Greg Moyer, will be on-site and spending much of his time in the DISH Network booth (# 8231), currently the national distributor for the entire suite of channels. Would love for you to join us at the 11 AM Echostar press event on Thursday, January 5th in Room S228 of the Las Vegas Convention Center. At that time, we will unveil VOOM HD’s plans for 2006 and beyond.

I tried to get into the chat but all I get is: Your username is invalid.
Connect with your real username, in lowercase.

I logged out and tried logging in using lower case letter and it just told me the same thing.

What's the trick?

See ya
Tony

Is it just me, or does it seem silly that the 625 is an SD receiver while the 622 in the top-of-line HD receiver.

I think they could use a more user friendly naming convention.

I tried Tony- No problem.. - automatically ended up there with Darkman name.. (didn't have to type it in)

But had to say "Yes" a few seconds before.. . .that trust some certificate .. or something like that.... :)

They announced that soon the PocketDish will work with NON DVR Dish network receivers via the USB port.

Thats kind of slick. :D

Dish says they are working on MPEG4 upgrade plans for existing customers. They are still a ways away from announcing things yet, but be assured they are working on an upgrade rollout plan. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts