Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hello and welcome to our Live Recap of todays Retailer Charlie Chat. We will only cover items of interest to the consumers and will not discuss dealer sensitive issues.

We are only listening today and can not see the chat, so there may be stuff shown on the screen that we dont report.

The show opens with Jim and Amir talking about taxes in North Carolina and New Jersey.

Locals, Fairbanks AK has Launched, Casper Wy has Launched, (Another city launced on 148) 161 cities now up

Great Falls Mt, Juno AK & St Angelo Texas are set to launch soon.

New Frech Channel (Telesue?) coming soon for $14.99 a month.
Some new Asain channels coming soon Zigi Drophi? on 61.5, 149 and 105.
Another Indian Channel, Abu Jabi? There will be a free preview from tommorow until July 20th.
TraceTV is a french channel and is mostly music. $3 a month on 61.5 or 148.

Now going to PPV.

Half Season MLB Package is now available.

DHA 12 and 24 are going away there will be a new promotion which is DHA-18 which is a 18 month contract.

Also the regular DHA with no commitment will no longer have the $49.99 activation credit on the first bill

Starting August 16th, new promotion.

New Customers get HBO Cinemax and Showtime free for 3 months (25 channels) when any DHA plan.

The customers will also get whatever programming package included free for 1 month.

The customer can also get a 625 for no extra charge.

The HD pack offer has been extended as well for both new and exisiting customers, 6 months free HD pack.

Club Dish is being extended for Dish Networks 25th aniversary, when you refer a friend you also get an additional $25 voucher on Dish Network when you refer someone (sounds good to me... Anyone need any club dish numbers... please PM me!) :D

Now talking dealer stuff...

BTW the new Dish Logo is Tomato Red Color. I will post a pic of it when I get a copy of it.

Talking about new software and the 942 will have a new default early and late start times. :) (Cool!)

Leslie says the 942 software should go out tommorow

You can also specify maximum recorded events, means that only 5 episodes will record instead of every episode. (Another GREAT feature!)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Talking about new software and the 942 will have a new default early and late start times. :) (Cool!)

You can also specify maximum recorded events, means that only 5 episodes will record instead of every episode. (Another GREAT feature!)

Hmm... I wonder where they got this idea from?!

~Alan

And the show closes.

Next Consumer Chat is August 8th (Tech Forum)
Next Consumer Charlie Chat is Sept 10th

And Next Retailer Chat.

Thanks to everyone who was in the chat room we had a good time!

please tell me what's wrong with this picture:

a new subscriber can get a 625 free of charge, yet i'm interested in a DVR and as an existing customer, I have to lease one for $150.00! From E*'s website:

Lease up to 2 receivers for one low up-front cost:*
Choose from the DISH 811, DISH Player-DVR 510 or the DISH 301
Or lease A DISH Player-DVR 522 for only $149.

Am I the only one who doesn't see the logic in this? What happened to taking care of your existing customers?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Starting August 16th, new promotion.

New Customers get HBO Cinemax and Showtime free for 3 months (25 channels) when any DHA plan.

The customers will also get whatever programming package included free for 1 month.

The customer can also get a 625 for no extra charge.

Take care of the existing customers? Are you nuts? They do not give a damn about us. I have had repeated issues with their refurbed 522's and all I asked for was a new 625 and I pretty much was ignored. I am not worried though. I will soon be done with Dish.

So if I decided to updgrade to a DVR, as an existing customer, I would have to pay the $150.00 and more than likely get a rebuilt or refurbished receiver?

This makes no sense to me what so ever. Name another business that would treat existing customers like this :mad:
Briguy said:
Take care of the existing customers? Are you nuts? They do not give a damn about us. I have had repeated issues with their refurbed 522's and all I asked for was a new 625 and I pretty much was ignored. I am not worried though. I will soon be done with Dish.

garn9173 said:
Name another business that would treat existing customers like this :mad:

My former cell phone company. ;)

If your unhappy with Dish try cable or D*. Personally, the new customer discounts have never bothered me, but I've never been one to expect something for nothing.

NightRyder

Scott Greczkowski said:
The HD pack offer has been extended as well for both new and exisiting customers, 6 months free HD pack.

Club Dish is being extended for Dish Networks 25th aniversary, when you refer a friend you also get an additional $25 voucher on Dish Network when you refer someone (sounds good to me... Anyone need any club dish numbers... please PM me!) :D

Does this mean you can use more than 5 Club Dish certificates per calander year for this promotion? I'm maxed out for the year, but if I can use more, people can PM me after Scott has used his up!! :p

I hate to break it to you but at least they are offering you a discounted upgrade. If you think your going to get that from Direc or cable in the future good luck because you won't.

garn9173 said:
please tell me what's wrong with this picture:

a new subscriber can get a 625 free of charge, yet i'm interested in a DVR and as an existing customer, I have to lease one for $150.00! From E*'s website:

Lease up to 2 receivers for one low up-front cost:*
Choose from the DISH 811, DISH Player-DVR 510 or the DISH 301

Am I the only one who doesn't see the logic in this? What happened to taking care of your existing customers?

Well, Directv Let me have their DirecTivo for free, was a customer with them before, Directv is more lenient now :) You can get their Directivo unit for $100 and you OWN it!

rowemance said:
I hate to break it to you but at least they are offering you a discounted upgrade. If you think your going to get that from Direc or cable in the future good luck because you won't.

Cable charges you an upfront price to get a box :confused: :confused: .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts